According to resume experts, employers usually spend a maximum of 20 seconds on every resume they receive for the second cook position. In these 20 seconds, they decide whether an applicant is eligible or not.
To get noticed in this short span of time, your second cook resume will need to be written in a way that stands out from the rest of crowd.
Look at the following sample of resume for a second cook to get started.
Related: Second Cook Cover Letter Sample
Second Cook Resume Example
333 Ravine Street, Edmonton, AB S9R 6E9
Are you interested in hiring a seasoned Second Cook? I am the perfect fit you’re looking for!
Customer service-oriented culinary professional with 10+ years’ proven track record of preparing hygienic and nutritious meals in keeping with the guests’ requirements. Demonstrated ability to ensure quality control to all food production. Special talent for supervising sanitation of kitchen in compliance with the federal and state standards.
• Preparation and execution of modern cuisine
• Banquets, special events, and parties management
• Time management and organization
• Can-do attitude
• Basic computer skills including Word and Excel
June 2011 – Sep 2017
Bayfront Convention Center, Atlantic City, NJ
• Prepared and presented pastry items for service.
• Upheld food standards through the use of consistent food recipes and safe food treatment practices.
• Maintained food cost and minimized food wastage.
• Helped the chef in all duties as assigned.
• Managed the presentation of food items.
Jan 2007 – Jun 2011
East Harbour Restaurant, Atlantic City, NJ
• Prepared food as specified by the Chefs.
• Tasted and assessed food before serving to ensure that quality standards were met.
• Read, and followed all recipes.
• Segmented food as asked by the Chefs.
• Decorated food in an attractive manner.
• Operated all kitchen equipment carefully and appropriately.
• Followed production sheets precisely.
• Served food following food handling guidelines.
• Cleaned and sanitized work area in keeping with the cleaning schedule.
High School Diploma
Some School. Atlantic City, NJ | 2006
Food Handler Certification
• Works well in both hot and cold environments
• Able to lift up to 55 lbs
• Able to stand for long periods of time
Last updated on