A second cook resume is a single-page document that contains the job seeker’s relevant qualifications and experiences. It is usually required by employers to apply for a job.
According to resume writing experts, employers usually spend 20 seconds on every resume they receive for the second cook position.
In these 20 seconds, they decide whether an applicant is eligible or not.
To get noticed in this short span of time, your second cook resume will need to be written in a way that stands out from the rest of the crowd.
Take a look at the following sample resume for a second cook to get ideas.
Sample Resume for Second Cook Position
333 ABC Street, Edmonton, AB S9R 6E9
Are you interested in hiring a seasoned Second Cook? I am the perfect fit you’re looking for!
Customer service-oriented culinary professional with 12+ years of proven track record of preparing hygienic and nutritious meals in keeping with the guests’ requirements. Demonstrated ability to ensure quality control of all food production. Special talent for supervising sanitation of kitchen in compliance with the federal and state standards.
• Preparation and execution of modern cuisine
• Banquets, special events, and parties management
• Time management and organization
• Can-do attitude
• Basic computer skills including Word and Excel
Bayfront Convention Center, Atlantic City, NJ
Jun 2016 – Present
• Prepare and present pastry items for service
• Uphold food standards through the use of consistent food recipes and safe food treatment practices
• Maintain food cost and minimize food wastage
• Help the chef in all duties as assigned
• Manage the presentation of food items
Harbour Restaurant, Atlantic City, NJ
Jan 2007 – Jun 2016
• Prepared food as specified by the Chefs
• Tasted and assessed food before serving to ensure that quality standards were met
• Read and followed all recipes
• Segmented food as asked by the Chefs
• Decorated food in an attractive manner
• Operated all kitchen equipment carefully and appropriately
• Followed production sheets precisely
• Served food following food handling guidelines
• Cleaned and sanitized work area in keeping with the cleaning schedule
High School Diploma
Some School. Atlantic City, NJ | 2006
Food Handler Certification
• Working well in both hot and cold environments
• Lifting up to 55 lbs
• Standing for long periods of time
Recommended: Second Cook Cover Letter Sample