The whole idea behind writing a cook resume is to inform a prospective employer of your skills and experiences.
Resumes are popular tools that are used to apply for jobs that may have been announced or ones that the candidate hopes to obtain in the future.
In either case, the resume for the cook position has to be written clearly and precisely. It should possess information that is interesting to the employer.
The following sample will give you a good idea to prepare your resume in a better way.
Sample Resume for Cook Job
7254 Briar Oak Circle, Sarasota, FL 99125
Passionate cook poised to make use of culinary experience and the ability to follow recipes to create excellent gourmet meals.
• Over a decade of experience working as a Cook
• Diploma in Culinary Arts
• Highly skilled in undertaking menu planning with the chef
• Hands-on experience in overseeing and participating in the preparation and cooking of main meals
• Familiar with safety precautions needed to be undertaken while cooking and performing other kitchen-related tasks
• Demonstrated ability to cook all sorts of food and follow instructions
• Proven ability to work in extreme temperatures
• Great ability to work dexterously
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Profound ability to meet tight deadlines
• Able to resolve complaints in an efficient manner
• Introduced Thai food at Serenity Suites by planning and building an entire menu singlehandedly.
• Provided planned gourmet meals to three events taking place simultaneously within the hotel premises.
ABC Company – Sarasota, FL
• Prepare meals according to customer instructions based on menu selections
• Check quality and quantity of food servings
• Direct and coordinate food and beverage preparation
• Investigate customer complaints
• Conduct training for newly hired staff
Serenity Suites – Sarasota, FL
• Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
• Check the quality of ingredients, and prepared ingredients to use in cooking
• Chopped and peeled vegetables, and cut meats
• Cook food using various utensils and grillers
• Dressed dishes to ensure a great presentation
• Kept a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
• Stored all food and other items in a proper way
Diploma in Culinary Arts
Saint JoseCommunity College, Sarasota, FL
• Positive Attitude
• Careful attention to detail
• A sense of urgency
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work cleanly & efficiently
• Punctual and dependable