Heading your head cook resume with an objective statement is the best favor that you can do to yourself. A resume that has an objective is considered a good resume. One without an objective is considered cumbersome to read. One must understand that employers in general have little time on their hands. They want things happening and they want them happening fast. When you create a resume, you have to make sure that it is easy to navigate – since an objective opens your resume, it is imperative to make it strong.
What is considered a strong resume objective? A strong resume objective is one that wows the reader within 3 seconds of him reading it! You think that is not possible? As a matter of fact, it is very possible to do this. What end does a resume objective need to meet? The answer to this is simple – a resume objective must be able to entice a hiring manager enough so that he doesn’t even bother reading the rest of the document; and calls you for an interview immediately.
Impressing a prospective employer with your abilities and charm is the main idea behind beginning your resume with an objective. Make it work for you by putting in keywords from the original advertisement for the job. You are good to go! Here are some samples of resume objectives for a head cook position:
• Highly competent, hardworking and experienced Head Cook, presently looking for a position at The Hyatt. Effectively able to provide menu planning and recipe building insight, in addition to supervising and coordinating the activities of kitchen staff to ensure delivery of exceptional culinary services.
• Seeking a position as a Head Cook at Crestline Hotel and Resorts providing benefit of skills in overseeing food preparation activities, creating menus and recipes and ensuring that all operations of the kitchen remain in check.
• Top-performing Head Cook with over 8 years’ experience working in busy culinary environment, anticipating a position at YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit. Offers a track record of success ensuring food quality (both raw and cooked), preparing food items, developing menus and recipes, and ensuring that all kitchen work is appropriately coordinated for seamless food service delivery.
• Desire a position as a Head Cook at CTI Group. Eager to apply expertise in creating menus, estimating amounts and costs of food items, training food preparation workers, upholding kitchen cleanliness and sanitation standards, and providing aesthetic input for food presentation.
• To obtain a position as a Head Cook at Metro Food Services utilizing proficiencies in food preparation, portion determination, food items storage and rotation, and inventory management.