Cover letters for loan office resumes are valuable when employers evaluate candidates.
That is because it is not enough to merely fit your life onto one page through a resume. But regurgitating your resume is not the purpose of a cover letter.
How to Write a Professional Cover Letter for a loan office position?
The following 7 tips will help you in this regard:
- When writing a cover letter for a loan officer resume, be honest and truthful because you have to prove in the interview what you wrote in your cover letter.
- Review your cover letter for typos and grammatical errors before sending it.
- Avoid addressing indirectly and using generic statements like “To whom it may concern.”
- Keep your covering letter concise and straightforward. Use a clear, readable font and standard format.
- Use catchy action verbs to mention your skills and abilities. Instead of saying ‘responsibilities included,’ explain how competent you were in performing those responsibilities.
- Include your contact details accurately. Use your personal address – not the official one.
- Take pride in yourself without seeming overconfident and arrogant.
Here are 2 perfect examples:
Loan Officer Cover Letter Example 1
August 9, 2021
Ms. Emilia Smith
2727 N Central Ave
Phoenix, AZ 20124
Dear Ms. Smith:
As a highly qualified banking professional with successful experience and strong motivation to contribute my talents in loan processing, I am applying for the Loan Officer position you are currently advertising. My communication, loan processing, problem-solving, and decision-making skills make me a great candidate.
Through my work at ABC Company, I learned the fundamental traits of educating and guiding applicants regarding the loan process, answering questions, and resolving related problems. This experience boosted my communication skills to a great extent. I further polished my skills in maintaining a high level of market and loan variation knowledge to offer applicants better services.
Furthermore, I am highly skilled in utilizing the Automated Underwriting System (AUS) for loan processes and approvals, and able to use Oracle-based company databases. I possess the ability to multi-task and remain organized in a fast-paced environment. Interested in establishing myself in Ever-Bank as an experienced loan officer, having a lot to offer, I have attached my resume for your review.
I would welcome the opportunity to discuss my qualifications, experience, and interest with you in a meeting. You can contact me any time on the contact numbers provided on my resume. I’ll call you after two weeks to follow up.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Loan Officer Cover Letter Sample 2
August 9, 2021
Mr. Eric Banks
Bank of America
523 Foxwood Road
Oneida, NY 13152
Dear Mr. Banks:
As a seasoned loan officer, I am confident in my ability to make a contribution in the position you are advertising for as a Loan Officer at the Bank of America.
Developing loan applications by evaluating applicant information and documentation is all in a day’s work for me. However, I deem my work far from boring. With a great ability to delve deep into applicants’ backgrounds to determine their creditworthiness, you will find me thorough and quality-focused.
My areas of expertise are load auditing, information analysis, credit scores verification, background checks, credit analysis, and mortgages. I would appreciate it if you would focus on my broad experience in:
• Interviewing applicants to determine financial eligibility
• Counseling applicants on loan repayments and restrictions
• Setting up payment plans for debt liquidation
• Analyzing potential loan markets to find financial services promotion opportunities
• Ameliorate financial situations by investigating negative credit histories and providing recommendations
Next week, I will call your office to set up a convenient interview date and time. If you need to contact me before that, please feel free to do so at (000) 321-9535. Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to meeting with you soon.