Restaurant cooks enjoy their work by preparing food items in a restaurant setting. People, who have an inherent love for cooking, usually opt this as a career. As a restaurant cook, one has to be knowledgeable about recipes, quantities, ingredients and food preparation time frames.
Working primarily at restaurants, these professionals cut, season and prepare meat and vegetables in order to prepare menu items.
They also inspect food to ensure that the quality is good and coordinate their activities in accordance to the volume of orders coming in.
Below is a resume sample for the position of a restaurant cook which will give you an idea how to write your own.
Restaurant Cook Resume Sample
77 Mann Avenue, Flint, MI 77788
Tel: (000) 999-9999, Email:
Customer service-oriented and creative Restaurant Cook with 10+ years’ diverse experience working in busy and fast-paced food service environments. Highly skilled in consistently producing and presenting well-prepared and flavorful food while keeping high sanitation standards in check. Exceptional culinary acumen with great leadership aptitude aimed at directing kitchen staff to filling customers’ orders accurately.
• Well versed in preparing, seasoning and cooking a variety of food, salads and desserts
• Italian, Spanish and Indian cuisines
• Sanitation guidelines for food preparation
• Performs quality inspections to ensure that the quality of food is good
• Winner of the Great American Bake Off held in New York city in 2010
• Prepared Italian cuisine for 100 restaurant patrons for a special occasion
• Reorganized the food inventory system by putting highlighters on near expiry food
• Trained an entire kitchen staff to be deployed to an offshore branch of the restaurant
Restaurant Cook | Intercontinental, Flint, MI | Sep 2009 – Present
• Verify that all raw items are available in the stock
• Season and cook food according to recipes provided
• Make appropriate changed as per customers’ instructions
• Cut, chop and slice food items
• Ensure that all orders follow menu presentation
• Weigh and mix ingredients according to recipes
• Portion and arrange food aesthetically on plates and platters
• Bake, boil, roast, steam and fry food items
• Carve meats and prepare vegetables
• Prepare relishes and salads
• Ensure that food supplies are in check at all times
• Order supplies before they run out
Line Cook | Intercontinental, Flint, Michigan | May 2007 – Sep 2009
• Prepared food items for cooking by washing, cutting and cleaning them
• Chopped vegetables and carved meats
• Washed utensils used for cutting and preparing food items
• Fetched items from inventory room
• Assisted the cook by performing stirring and frying duties
• Cleaned work stations and counters
• Maintained kitchen equipment and tools
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
Associate’s Degree in Culinary Arts | ABC College, Flint, MI | 2006
ServSafe Food Handler Certificate
International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP)