Cooks prepare a wide range of foods. They provide customer service and oversee the activities of the kitchen staff.
They are employed by restaurants, food commissaries, hotels, hospitals, healthcare organizations, educational institutions and private and government establishments.
They might also work on cruise ships, private homes, and construction and logging campsites.
A cook resume is an advertisement of your abilities, cooking skills, and qualifications.
How to Write a Cook Resume?
✓ Cautiously arrange and present your resume’s content, bullet points, phrases, format, and layout.
✓ Customize your resume as per job description provided by a prospective employer.
✓ Avoid mentioning irrelevant information or experiences.
The following sample resumes for cook position follow current trends of the job market.
These samples contain information and bullet points which should be present on a resume.
As these are comprehensive and detailed yet simple templates, you have a wide range of sections and statements available to make your resume.
Related: Cover Letter for Cook Resume
Cook Resume Sample 1 (Less Experience)
255 6th Street, Atlanta, GA 65223
Integrating exceptional culinary and knife skills and kitchen management experience to accomplish the employer’s goals.
- Over four years of experience in the culinary arena
- Strong command of classic and contemporary culinary methodologies
- Perfectly weighs, measures, and mixes ingredients
- Able to work efficiently without supervision
- Proven ability to clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware
|• Food Safety|
• Customer Service
|• Kitchen Management|
• Product Knowledge
• Highly skilled in preparing, seasoning, and cooking a wide range of foods, including soups, salads, entrees, and desserts.
• Hands-on experience in baking, roasting, grilling, boiling, and frying meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
• Proven record of garnishing, arranging, and serving food to patrons.
• Competent at checking the freshness of raw food and ingredients before cooking.
• Reorganized cooking procedures, shortening the processing time by 20%
• Achieved the targets of quality and hygiene
• The employee of the month award – Dec 2015
• [List your achievements here]
ATLANTA GRILL – Atlanta, GA ~ 2014-Present
• Set-up workstations
• Wash and unwrap fresh fruits and vegetables
• Weigh, evaluate, and mix ingredients
• Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food
• Prepare and cook food in keeping with recipes, quality standards, and presentation standards
• Operate stoves, grills, fryers, ovens, and microwaves
• Test foods to verify if they have been cooked adequately
• Monitor food quality while preparing food
• Serve food in appropriate portions onto suitable receptacles
• Wash and sanitize tools, knives, kitchen area, tables, and utensils
PALM RESORT – Hyde Park, NY ~ 2012-2014
• Prepared all the prep work for soups, salads, sauces, and entrees
• Supplied assigned work area with all required products and utensils used for production
• Stored all food items in the appropriate storage area
• Interacted with patrons to provide for special requests
Associate’s Degree in Culinary Arts
INSTITUTE OF AMERICA – Hyde Park, NY ~ 2009
• Excellent communication and customer service acumen
• Familiar with hygiene and safety codes
“I offer superb attention to detail, with the ability to listen and answer guest inquiries helpfully and professionally.”
Cook Resume Sample 2
345 Ring Road, White Swan, WA 54339
Committed to maintaining high standards of patron satisfaction and bringing them a unique culinary experience.
Results-driven Cook with 11+ years’ hands-on experience working in busy restaurants. Track record of providing leadership, guidance, and support to culinary staff. Well-versed in preparing menu items and recipes in keeping with production and quality standards. A dynamic individual who efficiently allocates resources, monitors food production needs, and ensures requirements are met. Recognized for adhering to food handling and sanitation guidelines.
|– Recipe Development|
– Portion Control
– Special Events Handling
– Food Service
– Safe Food Handling
– Kitchen Management
|– Food Inspection|
– Kitchen Cleanliness
– Inventory Maintenance
– Cutting and Slicing
– Quality Assurance
• Set up and serve an award-winning menu for an exclusive event catering for 2000+ guests consisting of an exotic seven-course meal
• Invent three fusion dishes that attained the signature status
• Follow standardized recipes to ensure smooth customer service
• Develop menus and new recipes
• Adjust ratios of ingredients in recipes as needed
• Maintain work area in neat and clean condition
• Devised a unique food items inventory mechanism to ensure availability of raw materials in the room at all times
• Followed sate issued guidelines for food handling proficiently
• Assisted the lead cook in keeping track of orders
• Stored and reheated leftover food
• Cut salad and sliced meat
• Maintained and sanitized work and service area
B.A, Culinary Arts
Swan Community and Technical College, White Swan, WA – 2008