PC technicians are the most specialized professionals who install, diagnose, and troubleshoot computer hardware and software to ensure optimal workstation performance.
People applying for a PC technician position are required to be experts in handling computers, networks, and all types of operating systems.
In order to write a compelling resume, they should highlight their skills in performing troubleshooting procedures, installing software and hardware, and networking.
Job seekers who are looking for a position as a PC technician use the following resume sample when attempting to write one of their own.
This sample meets the needs of current resume trends. You can use and modify this sample for your personal use only.
Sample Resume for PC Technician Position
333 Wentworth Avenue
Houston, TX 66999
A+, CCNP, and MCSE Certified
Dedicated and resourceful Computer Technician with 12+ years of extensive experience in testing, installing, repairing, and maintaining a diverse range of hardware, software, and peripherals. Track record of providing quality tier-1 support and customer service. Demonstrated ability to organize incoming tickets and work orders. Known for maintaining a safe, friendly, and responsible work environment.
• Installation: All kinds of hardware (Branded and non-branded), windows, software, applications, and antivirus
• Troubleshooting: Failure identification, desktop/laptop/printer break-fix, servers and workstations management
• Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, and Macintosh
• Computer Networks: LAN/WAN/MAN, Cabling
• User Account Management and Training
• Customer Service / CRM
• MS Office Suite
Orkin Technologies, Jemison, AL
Jan 2015 – Present
• Redesign and implement a more efficient network system, resulting in optimal performance of all workstations
• Troubleshoot an extremely challenging software problem with a standalone PC
• Install hardware and software on standalone personal computers and laptops
• Ensure maintenance of end-user workstations and peripheral devices
• Assist in providing desktop application solutions
• Quickly respond to technical assistance requests
• Manage testing procedures for newly installed hardware and software applications
• Ensure timely repair of the PC-related equipment
• Help with network troubleshooting procedures
• Provide backup to the network administrator
• Install and update antivirus programs regularly
TEKNO, Houston, TX
Aug 2007 – Jan 2015
• Introduced an antivirus solution that spanned both LANs and WANs using one server for control
• Wrote a self-help troubleshooting manual to assist users in managing simple PC problems on their own and saving time
• Resolved hardware and software issues
• Maintained network and associated devices as allocated
• Prepared reports on network and network tools supplies
• Liaised with IT network providers regarding the latest technical queries
• Provided standby help on computer-related issues to end-users
TEKNO, Houston, TX
Jan 2006 – Aug 2007
• Assisted in installing and maintaining computer systems
• Provided basic troubleshooting services
• Documented troubleshooting activities and prepared technical logs
• Supported in the configuration of computer networks
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
Texas State University, Houston, TX – 2005
PC Technician Duties and Responsibilities
Some main job description statements you can add to a PC technician resume include:
• Take telephone calls and respond to customers problems regarding PC problems
• Guide customers through procedures to fix their PC problems
• Service walk-in customers by providing them with information on problems with their PCs
• Install hardware and software systems and upgrade existing systems to meet requirements
• Test PCs to ensure that they are working appropriately
• Service printers, scanners, and other peripheral equipment to ensure that they are working correctly
• Repair computer system hardware and install additional modules such as sound cards and video cards
• Troubleshoot problems with systems and perform maintenance measures
• Install and update software programs such as antivirus and antimalware
• Ensure complete recoverability of systems and applications in case of crashes
• Provide network and remote connectivity
• Document instances of hardware failure and installations
• Monitor individual PC performance and support implementation of LANs and WANs
• Test individual systems and networks to ensure that they are working properly
• Prepare cost estimates for new system components and installations
• Visit customers’ homes to set up their PCs and peripheral equipment such as scanners and printers
• Set up computer security measures and ensure that any breaches of security are addressed immediately
PC Technician Skills for Resume
A skills section is the most critical part of a computer technician’s resume. As this is a skills-based job, you should emphasize relevant skills under a dedicated ‘Skills’ section.
You may also divide your skills into different sections, such as “Software Skills,” “Hardware Skills,” and “Interpersonal Skills.”
The following are some key skills that employers want to see in any computer technician’s resume, therefore, must be present in your resume.
Include at least 5 of the following skills phrases in your resume for a Computer, IT, or PC Technician job.
- Highly skilled in installing, repairing, and troubleshooting computer hardware and peripherals.
- Well-versed in installing windows, software, applications, antivirus, and patches.
- Working knowledge of modern networking devices and printers.
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand technical manuals and schematics.
- Adept at diagnosing problems in computer hardware including Windows-based PCs and Apple platforms.
- Proven ability to manage multiple troubleshooting tasks simultaneously while maintaining the quality of results.
- Extensive experience in backup and image management software.
- Expert user of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Competent at assessing computer hardware malfunctions to determine the cause of the error and apply appropriate actions.
- Able to configure VPN and server/client-side hardware and software.
- Proven record of managing time and priorities effectively.
- Known for working efficiently without supervision.
- Committed to learning and relating technical concepts promptly.
- Knowledge of lotus notes troubleshooting and configuration.
- Proficient in working with end-users remotely.
- Demonstrated expertise troubleshooting in Microsoft Windows and Android problems.
- Practical skills in supporting the server-room team.
- Familiar with active directory security and policies.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good organizational skills.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Good customer service acumen.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding communication skills to relate to team members and support workers.