Solid communication is what job application documents are all about. If you can successfully communicate how well rounded you are for a job, you probably have the job the as well. Resumes are usually written before cover letters are and the first part of a computer technician resume i.e. the professional summary is extremely important. Summaries must be strong as they have a purpose – and that is to give an overview of what the candidate is all about.
Many people depend highly on the potency of a professional summary or summary of qualifications to help them get through the screening process. While they are all encompassing in one way, you cannot depend on a summary completely. There are certain other aspects that you have to keep in mind. The resume in its entirety is an important document as it communicates who you are. The stress on writing a mind-boggling resume summary is because of the intensity with which it allows you to be profiled.
What information does a professional summary and where is it placed on a resume? To answer the latter question, a professional summary is placed right at the beginning of the resume. This is where your resume starts. To answer the latter, a professional summary is all about you. Your skills, your qualifications and your abilities. Basically, you are summing up all that you can do for an employer in three or four sentences.
Looking for examples? Here are a few examples of professional summaries for a computer tech position:
• Meticulous, motivated computer technician with exceptional ability to offer quality technical support. Key strengths include knowledge of installing hardware and software, handling troubleshooting duties and configuring computer networks.
• Highly innovative, creative and self-motivated individual who has 5+ years’ experience in managing both hardware and software issues on standalone computers and laptops, along with extensive knowledge of setting up and configuring networks.
• Results-driven, competent computer technician who strives to achieve a high standard of quality through provision of excellent technical support. Highly-organized individual who has a demonstrated ability to repair failed equipment according to established procedures. Track record of resolving hardware and software issues within time schedule.
• Accomplished team leader with a proven track record of analyzing and resolving complex technical problems. Demonstrated strong network administration skills with exceptional knowhow of troubleshooting and handling Internet security.
• Highly-technical, self-motivated professional with a broad range of experience in providing technical support to computer end users. Known for troubleshooting complex hardware and software problems. Well versed in installing operating systems and peripheral components. Demonstrated ability to read and review technical manuals to handle the problem efficiently.
• Skilled computer technician with 2+ years’ hands-on experience in installing software and hardware components and ensuring exceptionally well-placed data security measures. Special talent for troubleshooting and providing phone/email support to users facing equipment problems and issues.