With booming technology, all companies, across all industries, need to hire the services of computer support technicians to help them in handling and operating technology-dependent machines.
These individuals make sure that users are made aware of the way different computer systems and peripherals are run and help them when issues such as glitches or crashes occur.
If you are applying for a computer support technician job, you must build a resume that is perfect and leaves no doubt in your mind once you sent it.
A resume sample for a computer support technician position is given below for you to get assistance.
Computer Support Technician Resume Sample 1
South Portland, ME 99234
sandra @ email . com
COMPUTER SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
Technical-savvy and energized Computer Support Technician with 13 years track record of success in identifying, diagnosing, and resolving computer problems. Well-versed in software application installation, hardware imaging, and setup of computer system equipment. Ability to work collaboratively with coworkers and vendors to resolve technical issues with desktop hardware and software. Documented success in ensuring that all devices meet security standards with a special focus on data encryption.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Network Connectivity • Inventory Management
• Troubleshooting • Microcomputers
• Switches/Cabling Support • Software Configuration
• Documentation • Electrical Safety Check
• Operating Systems • User Training
• Applications Installation • Computer Maintenance
• Integrated a complex LAN system into a WAN system within a short time span of 3 weeks.
• Increased individual desktop user efficiency by centralizing important resources on one server with easy access to all.
• Troubleshoot an extremely intricately woven metropolitan area network (MAN) before to it affecting the company’s off-state offices.
• Introduced a complaint ticketing system that streamlined user complaints and made for easy replies and addressing of concerns.
Computer Support Technician
TEK Systems, South Portland, ME
11/2020 – Present
• Listen and respond to users’ concerns regarding their desktop, laptop, and smartphone problems.
• Configure computer systems to work properly
• Maintain terminals and peripherals such as printers, modems, and data communication machines.
• Install and configure hardware and software applications.
• Monitor and maintain computer systems and peripheral devices.
• Assist in installing local area networks (LAN) and wide-area networks (WAN).
• Troubleshoot individual computers and network systems.
CVS Health, South Portland, ME
5/2015 – 11/2020
• Installed and monitored antivirus and anti-malware software to ensure complete system security.
• Set up new user accounts and profiles and ensure their security.
• Conferred with users to understand their need for up-gradation and perform activities to ensure that systems are brought up to date.
• Educated users in the use of technology
• Developed and write corresponding documents.
Serco, South Portland, ME
1/2012 – 5/2015
• Assisted users in understanding how to use their desktop computers and peripheral devices.
• Set up and configured users’ devices and explained configuration processes.
• Troubleshoot problems with computer systems and networks to ensure proper working order.
• Serviced peripheral devices such as printers and scanners.
• Set up and configured email accounts, and educated users regarding account and password security.
BS Degree in Computer Science
Maine State University, South Portland, ME
A+ and MCSE
EXCERPT FROM REFERENCE
Sandra is an excellent communicator with superb customer service skills. She is known for keeping herself abreast of changes in technology.
– Julia Watson, IT Manager, TEK Systems
Computer Support Technician Resume Sample 2
4 Rosa Road, Cold Spring, KY 55021
richard.tang @email . com
COMPUTER SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
Computer support professional with over 5 years of experience in providing well-placed technical support to users, and in minimizing downtime, to ensure smooth technological operations. Ability to provide end-user support on various levels of technicalities. Successful track record of configuring and installing software and hardware, along with peripherals such as printers and scanners. Strategic planner with well-honed analytic proficiencies. Works collaboratively and consistently to excel in fast-paced and busy environments.
✓ LAN and WAN Setup ✓ Hardware/Software Troubleshooting
✓ Technology Testing ✓ Downtime Minimization
✓ Auxiliary Equipment Handling ✓ Virus Management
✓ Process Establishment ✓ Component Management
✓ Preventative Maintenance ✓ Configurations
✓ Ticket Creation ✓ Technical Support
Computer Support Technician
Menard Inc., Cold Spring, KY
4/2020 – Present
• Set up hardware and software and handle configurations as detailed in the instruction manual
• Install systems with the latest virus updates, and ensure that they are updated on a regular basis
• Assist users in understanding and determining ways to use computer systems and access resources on networks
• Install WAN and LAN technologies, and ensure that they function according to requirements
• Manage security options on systems to ensure network privacy and protection
• Perform upgrades on a regular basis, aiming to ensure that systems remain updated
• Troubleshoot system failures and problems, providing solutions to restore functionality and minimize downtime
• Document all incidents and instances of failure and technical glitches according to predefined protocols
• Minimized service downtime by 85% by putting a backup system in place in an immediate fashion.
• Saved the company network from a potentially lethal virus, by recognizing early signs, and intervening immediately.
Computer Support Technician
Allied Universal, Cold Spring, KY
2/2018 – 4/2020
• Set up computer systems and peripherals for each assigned user, and showed him or her how to operate them
• Performed system upgrades on a regular basis, to keep all stations updated at all times
• Determined the source and nature of computer malfunction, using a wide variety of diagnostic methods
• Served as a source of information on equipment problems, and provided suggestions for resolutions
• Assisted in installing, configuring, and maintaining a wide variety of computer equipment such as terminals, printers, and modems
• Implemented a ticket creation system which proved to be of great benefit in handling complicated technical problems.
• Proved to be invaluable to a MAN setup, receiving great commendation from technical experts.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
Cold Spring Technical School, Cold Spring, NY – 2017
Computer Support Technician Job Description for Resume
- Install software and hardware components according to vendor specifications.
- Test all installed hardware and software to ensure that it is working properly.
- Assist users in determining the use of technology, and provide them with support in determining how to perform minor maintenance on them.
- Provide education to users regarding internal and external threats including malware and viruses, and suggest ways of overcoming them.
- Ensure that all stations within a LAN or WAN are in proper working condition, ensuring that any glitches are seen in an immediate fashion.
- Troubleshoot technical problems such as system downtime and peripheral failure in a timely manner, aiming to minimize downtime.
- Ensure that all system cables are properly secured and plated, aiming to keep damage at bay.
- Intervene during system hacks and virus attacks to keep data as safe as possible.
- Create and implement data backups on a regular basis to ensure that information is not lost if the system crashes.
- Perform both preventative and regular maintenance on all computer systems and peripherals.
Sample Skills for Computer Desktop Technician Resume
- Hardware and software support
- Diagnosis and troubleshooting
- MCSA and MCITP
- Mobile (iOS / Android)
- Software upgrades and configuration
- Preventative maintenance
- Log maintenance
- Ticketing database
- Security patches
- New software and hardware rollout
- Analyzing problems
- Escalating complex issues
- IT documentation
- Non-technical users education
- Microsoft Server support
- Active Directory & Exchange
- TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP
- Microsoft Office support
- Hyper-V and VMware
- Disaster recovery solutions
- SonicWALL, Dell, Juniper, and Cisco networking
- Time management
- Quick response
- Customer service
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment