It is important to build a Computer Support Technician resume that is “perfect” and leaves no doubt in your mind once you sent it.
Technical resumes are difficult to contend with.
Leave out one small detail and you are doomed.
Who knows that one small detail is what would have gotten you the job!
Your resume must reflect your knowledge of technology pertinent to “now”. This will be your selling point.
A resume sample for a computer support technician position is given below for you to get assistance.
Computer Support Technician Resume Sample
58 Rollins Way, South Portland, ME 99234
sandra @ email . com
COMPUTER SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
Technical-savvy and energized Computer Support Technician with 13 years’ track record of success in identifying, diagnosing, and resolving computer problems. Well-versed in software application installation, hardware imaging, and setup of computer system equipment.
Ability to work collaboratively with coworkers and vendors to resolve technical issues with desktop hardware and software. Documented success in ensuring that all devices meet security standards with a special focus on data encryption.
AREAD OF EXPERTISE
• Network Connectivity
• Inventory Management
• Switches/Cabling Support
• Software Configuration
• Electrical Safety Checks
• Operating Systems
• User Training
• Applications Installation
• Computer Maintenance
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS IN COMPUTER SUPPORT
• Integrated a complex LAN system into a WAN system within a short time span of 3 weeks.
• Increased individual desktop user efficiency by centralizing important resources on one server with easy access to all.
• Troubleshoot an extremely intricately woven metropolitan area network (MAN) before to it affecting the company’s off-state offices.
• Introduced complaint ticketing system which streamlined user complaints and made for easy replies and addressing of concerns.
Computer Support Technician
TEK Systems, South Portland, ME | 11/2012 to Present
• Listen and respond to users concerns regarding their desktop, laptop, and smartphone problems.
• Configure computer systems to work properly
• Maintain terminals and peripherals such as printers, modems, and data communication machines.
• Install and configure hardware and software applications.
• Monitor and maintain computer systems and peripheral devices.
• Assist in installing local area networks (LAN) and wide-area networks (WAN).
• Troubleshoot individual computers and network systems.
Computer Support Technician
CVS Health, South Portland, ME | 5/2009 to 11/2012
• Installed and monitored antivirus and anti-malware software to ensure complete system security.
• Set up new user accounts and profiles and ensured their security.
• Conferred with users to understand their need for up-gradation and perform activities to ensure that systems are brought up to date.
• Educated users in the use of technology
• Developed and write corresponding documents.
Serco, South Portland, ME | 1/2005 to 5/2009
• Assisted users in understanding how to use their desktop computers and peripheral devices.
• Set up and configured users’ devices and explained configuration processes.
• Troubleshoot problems with computer systems and networks to ensure proper working order.
• Serviced peripheral devices such as printers and scanners.
• Set up and configured email accounts, and educated users regarding account and password security.
BS Computer Science
Maine State University, South Portland, ME – 2004
A+ and MCSE
EXCERPT FROM REFERENCE
Sandra is an excellent communicator with superb customer-service skills. She is known for keeping herself abreast of changes in technology.
– Julia Watson, IT Manager, TEK Systems