If you feel that you have all the necessary skills needed for a Geriatric Nursing Assistant job and are unable to get hired, it’s time to think about rebuilding your resume. A resume is a highly effective tool for marketing of candidacy only if it is used smartly.
Following are three golden principles that can take your resume to the next level and earn you that well deserved job interview.
• Keep your resume as simple as possible. The more complicated a resume format is, greater are its chances of not being read by the recruiters.
• Include some of your quantified professional achievements. This enables the employers to gauge your potential.
• Highlight your most relevant skills. Make sure you provide highly relevant information regarding your skills in a very precise manner.
Below is a geriatric nursing assistant resume sample for your guidance.
388 Redbrick Sq • Baltimore, MD 27301 • (005) 444-3333 • lucy @ email . com
GERIATRIC NURSING ASSISTANT ~ 7 years
Performance Summary: Compassionate and patient service-oriented nursing professional with a track record of success providing care to geriatric and dementia patients. Detail oriented individual, strong team player with proven ability to provide individualized care to patients and encourage them to attain the highest possible level of physical and mental well being. Recognized for maintaining clients dignity and confidentiality at all times. First aid and CPR certified.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|– Need Assessment||– Ventilator Care||– Personal Hygiene|
|– Progress Documentation||– Geriatric Support||– Cardiac Care|
|– Medicine Administration||– Catheter Care||– ER Response|
|– Care Evaluation||– Individualized Plans||– Compliance Reporting|
North West Hospital, Baltimore, MD
Geriatric Nursing Assistant | 4/2012 to Present
• Enhance overall efficiency of resident care plans by 50% through vigilant monitoring of quality of care delivered
• Attain Best GNA of the Year award twice
• Provide basic medical care including IV medications, catheter care and rehabilitative exercises
• Facilitate residents and patients in implementation and execution of their respective individualized care plans
• Assist the patients in daily activities and maintain a neat, clean and hygienic living environment
Communi Healthcare, Baltimore, MD
Elderly Caregiver | 3/2009 to 3/2012
• Administered BLS to a patient having a stroke and saved his life
• Recorded vitals and provided personal grooming care
• Assisted in transfer, ambulation and exercising of patients
• Maintained and adhered to hospital policies and HIPPA issued infection control protocols
• Filled daily logs and regularly updated patient data
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Maryland State Certified Nursing Assistant
High School Diploma | St Mary’s School, Baltimore, MD – 2009
• American Nursing Association, ANA
• International Training Center for Nursing Assistants, ITCNA
• Trilingual: Fluent in English, French and Spanish
• Load lifting ability up till 60 lbs
Last updated on