If you feel that you have all the necessary qualifications needed for a Geriatric Nursing Assistant job and are unable to get hired, it’s time to think about rebuilding your resume.
A resume is a highly effective tool for marketing your candidacy only if used smartly.
How to Write a Great Resume for a Geriatric Nursing Assistant Position?
The following are 3 tips that can take your resume to the next level and earn you that well-deserved job interview.
- Keep your resume as simple as possible. The more complicated a resume format is, the greater are its chances of not being read by the recruiters.
- Include some of your quantified professional achievements. This enables employers to gauge your potential.
- Highlight your most relevant skills. Make sure you provide highly relevant information regarding your skills in a very precise manner.
Recommended: Geriatric Nursing Assistant Cover Letter
The following is a geriatric nursing assistant resume sample for your guidance.
Sample Resume for Geriatric Nursing Assistant Job
388 Redbrick Sq
Baltimore, MD 27301
lucy @ email . com
GERIATRIC NURSING ASSISTANT ~ 10 years
Compassionate and patient service-oriented nursing professional with a track record of success providing care to geriatric and dementia patients. Detail-oriented individual, strong team player with proven ability to provide individualized care to patients and encourage them to attain the highest possible level of physical and mental well-being. Recognized for maintaining clients’ dignity and confidentiality at all times. First aid and CPR certified.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
– Need Assessment
– Progress Documentation
– Medicine Administration
– Care Evaluation
– Geriatric Support
– Ventilator Care
– Personal Hygiene
– Catheter Care
– Individualized Plans
– Cardiac Care
– Compliance Reporting
– ER Response
Geriatric Nursing Assistant
North West Hospital, Baltimore, MD
• Enhance overall efficiency of resident care plans by 50% through vigilant monitoring of the quality of care delivered
• Attain Best GNA of the Year award twice
• Provide basic medical care including IV medications, catheter care, and rehabilitative exercises
• Facilitate residents and patients in the implementation and execution of their respective individualized care plans
• Assist the patients in daily activities and maintain a neat, clean and hygienic living environment
Community Healthcare, Baltimore, MD
3/2009 – 3/2012
• Administered BLS to a patient having a stroke and saved his life
• Recorded vitals and provided personal grooming care
• Assisted in transfer, ambulation, and exercising of patients
• Maintained and adhered to hospital policies and HIPPA issued infection control protocols
• Filled daily logs and regularly updated patient data
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Maryland State Certified Nursing Assistant
High School Diploma
St Mary’s School, Baltimore, MD – 2009
• American Nursing Association, ANA
• International Training Center for Nursing Assistants, ITCNA
• Trilingual: Fluent in English, French, and Spanish
• Load lifting ability up to 60 lbs