In order to compete in today’s competitive job market, you should craft an eye-catching resume for the nursing assistant position.
Your resume must contain facts and figures regarding your professional qualifications in a concise and visually appealing manner.
How to Write a Nursing Assistant Resume?
Modern nursing assistant resumes contain two critical sections:
A nursing assistant summary or profile statement serves as an overview of what follows in the detailed parts of the resume. Powerful adjectives and keywords must be included in this section which will make it appealing.
Note: You may use an nursing assistant objective statement in case you have less or no experience in hand.
Besides your experience, you should write your professional accomplishments as a nursing assistant under a separate heading.
Refer to the samples below to get a better idea in this regard.
See also: Nursing Assistant Cover Letter
Nursing Assistant Resume Example 1
430 Galaxy Avenue, Irvine, CA 56733
[email address here]
Repeated records of success in providing the full range of long-term/acute nursing care to patients and residents.
Compassionate and highly-organized nursing assistant with 8+ years of progressively responsible experience in nursing field. Ability to deliver excellent medical and non-medical services to patients and residents from different backgrounds. Adept at assisting residents in activities of daily living, responding to patient calls, and charting progress. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
California State Certified Nursing Assistant
HIPPA infection control
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Vital Signs Taking and Recording | Records Management
Patient Transportation| Privacy Assurance
Feeding Assistance | Patient Hygiene
Catheter Care | Medical Terminology
- Responded to 50+ patient and resident calls per shift
- Ensured 24-hour availability of supplies through efficient inventory keeping
- Attained the best nursing assistant award in 2018
People First, Irvine, CA (Jun 2013 – Present)
- Take and record vital signs
- Prepare patients for tests and procedures
- Assist physicians and surgeons during procedures
- Collect urine and blood samples for testing as directed by the physician
- Change dressing of post-surgery and injury patients
- Pull history records and files of patients from the database
- Ensure that the diet and treatment plans are accurately implemented
Mount Sinai Medical Center, Irvine, CA (Feb 2011 – May 2013)
- Observed patients’ behavior
- Assisted in toileting and personal grooming
- Facilitated movement and shifting of patients from one room to another
- Changed sides of bedridden patients to avoid bed sores
- Explained medical follow up plans to patients at the time of discharge
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Basic Nurse Assistant Training Certificate
Irvine Community College, Irvine, CA – 2011
High School Diploma
Some School, Irvine, CA – 2009
“I perform every nursing assistance task with affection, care, and a sense of responsibility.”
Nursing Assistant Resume Example2
11 Alpine Street, Maple Grove, MN 65287
[Your email address here]
Seeking a Nursing Assistant position with a facility that will allow me to correspond with my employers professionally while offering the highest level of comfort and care to patients.
• Over two years’ nursing assistant experience in a clinical setting.
• Able to anticipate the needs of patients.
• Creative, self-motivated, and proactive.
• Demonstrated ability to interact with patients, families, and all levels of staff.
• Effective planning, organizational, and detail-orientation skills.
Nurse Aide Certificate Training Program
PIMA Medical Institute, Maple Grove, MN – 2016
Maple Grove Hospital – Maple Grove, MN | May 2017 – Jun 2019
- Provided personal care and safety to patients under the supervision of licensed nursing staff
- Took and recorded vital signs
- Assisted the care team by providing helpful, comforting and compassionate care to patients and families
- Facilitated the admission, discharge, and transfer of patients on and off the unit
- Maintained adequate supplies and equipment in the nursing unit
- Contributed to efficient interdepartmental communication
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
CPR Certification – 2016
Maple High School, Maple Grove, MN – 2015
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Customer service focused and flexible
Superior references available on request