In order to compete in today’s aggressive job market, you should craft an eye-catching resume for nursing assistant position. Your resume must contain facts and figures regarding your professional qualifications in a concise, appealing and visually aesthetic manner.
Enlisting your work experience, education and skills using convention patterns and headings will make your resume bland. Modern nursing assistant resumes contain two very important sections:
1. Profile/Summary: A performance profile or summary statement serves as a trailer of what follows in the detailed sections of the resume. Powerful adjectives and keywords must be included in this section to make it appealing.
Note: You may use an objective statement in case you have less or no experience in hand.
2. Accomplishments: To make your resume more effective, write your professional accomplishments as nursing assistance under a separate heading so that employer can see what results you could produce.
Refer to the samples below and this nursing assistant cover letter to get a better idea.
430 Galaxy Avenue • Irvine, CA 56733 • (005) 973-5247 • tracie @ email . com
Repeated records of success providing full range of long-term/acute nursing care to patients and residents.
Compassionate and highly-organized professional with 4+ years’ progressively responsible experience in nursing assistance arena. Profound communication skills coupled with ability to deliver effective medical and non-medical services. Adept at medicine administration, alarm response and progress charting.
• Familiar with HIPPA infection control protocols and medical terminology
• CPR/BCLS Certified
• Bilingual: English/Spanish
SKILLS & AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|• Vital Signs||• Cannula Passing||• Patient Hygiene|
|• Record Entry||• Privacy Assurance||• Medical Administration|
|• Ventilator care||• Progress Charting||• Catheter Care|
|• Patient Shifting||• Feeding Assistance||• Records Management|
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS IN NURSING ASSISTANCE
• Saved $5000 in terms of repair cost by rectifying a minor problem in a suction vacuum equipment
• Ensured 24 hour availability of supplies through effective inventory keeping
• Attained the best nursing assistant award in 2014
People First, Irvine, CA (Jun 2013 – Present)
• Complete history files of patients by consulting the database and by directly asking questions
• Ensure that the diet and treatment plans are being implemented accurately
• Prepare patients for tests and procedures
• Assist physicians and surgeons during procedures
• Collect urine and blood samples for testing as directed by the physician
• Change dressing of post-surgery and injury patients
Mount Sinai Medical Center, Irvine, CA (Feb 2011 – May 2013)
• Observed patients’ behavioral symptoms, checked vital signs and recorded the same
• Assisted in toileting and personal grooming of bed ridden patients
• Facilitated movement and shifting of patients from one room to another
• Administered prescribed oral and injectable medications regularly
• Changed sides of bedridden patients to avoid bed sores
• Explained medical follow up plans to patients at time of discharge
EDUCATION & TRAINING
California State Certified Nursing Assistant
Irvine Community College, Irvine, CA – 2011
Basic Nurse Assistant Training Certificate
Some School, Irvine, CA – 2009
High School Diploma
“I perform every nursing assistance task with affection, care and sense of responsibility.”
11 Example Street
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a Nursing Assistant position with a facility that will allow me to correspond to my employers professionally and offer the highest level of comfort and care to patients.
• Over 2 years’ nursing assistant experience in clinical setting
• Able to anticipate to the needs of patients
• Creative, self-motivated and proactive
• Demonstrated ability to interact with patients, familes, and all levels of staff
• Effective planning, organizational and detail-orientation skills
• Nursing Assistant Training
• Currently enrolled in nursing program
May 2015 – Jun 2017
Maple Grove Hospital – Maple Grove, MN
• Provided personal care and safety to patients under the supervision of licensed nursing staff
• Took vital signs of patients
• Assisted the care team by providing helpful, comforting and compassionate care to patients and families
• Facilitated the admission, discharge and transfer of patients on and off the unit
• Maintained an arranged unit environment with adequate supplies and equipment
• Contributed to efficient communication
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
CPR Certification – 2016
Diploma: Maple High School, Maple Grove, MN – 2015
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Customer service focused and flexible
Superior references available ypon request