The purpose of a resume for a geriatric nurse position is nothing other than to land you a job interview.
To achieve this target, a geriatric nurse resume needs to be an exceptional one.
Below are some features of effective resumes, highlighted for your guidance, followed by a sample resume.
Concise and job directed
The majority of employers and recruiters agree that the most effective resumes are usually the shortest ones, which are strictly job centered and highlight only the skills demanded by the employer.
A resume any nursing position is an official document and must be formatted keeping this fact in mind. Select a readable, neat, and even font size and style and use the same throughout the document length.
Every healthcare facility has its own do’s and don’ts and a specific culture. If your resume reflects the same, you will automatically have greater chances of being called for an interview.
See also: Geriatric Nurse Cover Letter
Geriatric Nurse Resume Example
97 Devon Lane, Chesterland, OH 78765
Dedicated registered nurse with 5+ years’ hands-on experience in providing superior clinical care to a broad-based geriatric patient population. Strong interpersonal, administrative, and patient/family education acumen. A motivated individual who is eager to combine patient and family involvement in total care plans.
• Track record of providing specialized care to elderly patients by conducting deep assessments.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and implement individualized care plans with a specific focus on each patients’ individual medical response.
• Adept at administering medication and monitoring patient response in accordance with specific diseases and conditions.
CORE GERIATRIC COMPETENCIES
• Ventilator care
• Patient education
• Therapy response
• IV therapy
• Discharge plans
• Nursing principles
• Health indicators
• Mental health
• Assisted living
SELECTED ACHIEVEMENTS IN NURSING
• Rehabilitated 14 elderly patients who had non-progressive dementia by providing exceptionally well planned geriatric care.
• Introduced a comprehensive system to assess the mental status and cognitive health of geriatric patients.
• Reined in Project Dementia 2, an experimental project to stop patients suffering from Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s from progressing.
• Trained 13 newly hired nurses in dementia care to be placed as home care nurses.
Health Essentials, Chesterland, OH | 6/2017-Present
• Assess elderly patients to determine the need for medical services
• Assist patients and families in determining goals of care in accordance with patient care plans
• Provide patients and families with initial information on diagnosis and initial care
• Create and implement core nursing care plans to meet the needs of individual geriatric patients
• Observe patients and assess the level of efficacy of the implemented plan
• Communicate observations to primary care physicians and case managers
• Administer medication and IVs and provide emergency services
• Provide elderly patients with counseling and encouragement
Student Nurse – Geriatric
Rehabilitators, Chesterland, OH | 1/2016-5/2017
• Assisted in assessing patients for the onset of dementia-related diseases
• Provided heads up to nurses about patients’ mental and physical condition
• Took and recorded vital statistics such as temperature, pulse, and blood pressure
• Observed patients to gauge their response to medication and medical procedures
• Ensured patients’ comfort by ensuring proper grooming, bathing, and toileting
EDUCATION & LICENSURE
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Ohio Nursing University, Chesterland, OH – 2015
Registered Nurse: State of Ohio