In order to write a perfect resume for a records clerk position, you have to read the records clerk job description first. Then mention your skills and experiences that are highly relevant to the needs of the employer.
Moreover, you have to make sure that the type of information that a records clerk resume holds is something that persuades the hiring manager to call you in an interview. Something like the following example:
Best Sample Resume for Records Clerk Position
625 Alex Lane, Glen Cove, NY 70251
cla.bake @ email . com
High performing Records Clerk with 7 years of extensive experience in performing specialized clerical duties including recordkeeping, and managing forms and information. Actively responds to inquiries regarding informational retrieval, from assigned file systems.
Ability to create, maintain and update files and records according to established protocols. Highly skilled in gathering information, completing audit trails, and retrieving information and records.
ACHIEVEMENTS AS A RECORDS CLERK
- Implemented a novel data conversion process which took 65% less time in converting information to different formats, than the one already in use.
- Introduced an efficient indexing system, which proved to be highly useful when retrieving requested data.
- Processed over 1000 records in one shift, in the absence of 2 other records clerks.
- Successfully implemented a data security system, one of its kind that proved to be highly fruitful in keeping the information confidential.
Claire Health System, Glen Cove, NY
6/2013 – Present
- Develop new document categories and fields for storage and work with records coordinators to determine departmental needs
- Collect, sort, prepare and scan documents, and ensure that they are properly labeled
- Enter all documents into the system, ensuring that each field is accurately punched in
- Convert documents into various formats to ensure smooth transferring between systems
- Process requests for information retrieval, ensuring that the requester possesses the right to request
- Ensure that all records and information is properly stored, in a confidential and safe manner
- Provide backup to all stored information to ensure that there is no data loss at any time
- Operate and maintain scanning equipment by running calibration tests and performing basic maintenance
Sava Health Services, Glen Cove, NY
2/2011 – 6/2013
- Collected files and information from different sources and ensured that they were delivered to the records department
- Assisted records clerks in sorting out information and categorizing it properly
- Provided support in punching information into predefined systems, ensuring accuracy throughout
- Assisted in retrieving requested information by looking through systems and pulling out records
- Handled scanning and printing work, and ensured that all office equipment was properly cleaned and maintained
High School Diploma
St. Paul’s High School, Glen Cove, NY | 2010
PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES & SKILLS AS A RECORDS CLERK
✓ File Maintenance
✓ Records Retrieval
✓ Charts Processing
✓ Inventory Maintenance
✓ Data Safety
✓ Statistical Support
✓ Documents Sorting
✓ Data Updating
✓ Category Development
✓ Data Conversion