An application for a File Clerk job is incomplete without a resume.
The question is, what does a good file clerk resume entail?
A good resume can get you a job with little effort in the interview as the resume itself will tell the employer most things about you.
File Clerk Resume Writing Tips
Keep the following pieces of advice in mind when writing a resume for the file clerk position.
• Use bullet points: Bullet phrases under different sections make it easier to scan your resume speedily.
• Use action words: This gives power to your sentences and helps your resume to excel. Examples include: maintained, developed, assembled, prepared, recorded, managed, created and presented
• Use numbers, dollars, and percentages to build your accomplishment
• Start with your profile/objective and qualifications: Resumes are usually reviewed in 15-30 seconds, so put your best skills and expertise first!
• Use keywords: Use keywords and terminology that match the company and industry. Time and again, resumes are reviewed by a computer that only scans to shortlist. The software scans the resume for relevant keywords and phrases that match the job description
Related: Cover Letter for File Clerk
File Clerk Resume Sample
228 Park Ave, New York, NY 10002
Bringing strong analytical and interpersonal skills as well as excellent attention to detail.
Over five years of experience working as a file clerk. Highly skilled in sorting, filing, retrieving, storing, and updating multiple files. In-depth knowledge of all filing systems and associated software. Hands-on experience in adding new material to the filing system and creating new records as and when necessary.
• Reorganized the old filing system, improving efficiency by 30%
• Achieved employee of the year award during the first year of employment
• Established and maintained confidential files efficiently and accurately
• Actively performed primary office duties including typing, correspondence, and operating machinery
FCI Inc. New York, NY | 2015 – Present
• Deal with both paper and electronic documents in terms of sorting and placement
• Maintain files precisely and professionally
• Sort and classify content alphabetically and chronologically
• Assemble material that needs to be filed
ABC Company, New York, NY | 2010 – 2015
• Converted documents to other formats as and when required
• Carried out inspections on the incoming equipment to verify the validity of the content
• Performed general office duties
Certification in Office Management
City College, New York, NY | 2010
High School Diploma
Community School, New York, NY | 2009
• Scanning, imaging, and filing of electronic documents
• MS Word and Excel