One of the most important parts of a driver resume is the achievements section.
A hiring manager would want to know what you have achieved in this position, which makes you a good contender to consider.
Without this section, you may not be considered for a driver position.
However, writing an achievements section is decidedly tricky. One has to have kept a close watch on what one has done in the past to be able to do this.
Tip: Maintain a list of your accomplishments over the years.
As a driver, your accomplishments can include many things, such as a time when you saved the vehicle you were driving from imminent damage, or when you handled an on-road emergency with exceptionalism.
You have to think of it this way – what have I done in the past that a prospective employer will want to know about.
Anything that you have done in a driver capacity which has had a significant positive effect on the company is important to highlight.
Some sample achievements for a driver resume are listed below:
Driver Achievements for Resume
• Singlehandedly made 32 deliveries in one day, during an instance of low driver turnout.
• Implemented preventative maintenance measures, as a result, increased vehicle life by 65%.
• Introduced the concept of using technology to map routes, hence, reduced commute time by 50%.
• Devised a client pick-up system, considered 50% more efficient than the one already in place.
• Trained 25 drivers to handle driving and navigation work, as part of their induction program.
• Built a team of drivers, specifically for the influx of foreign company guests.
• Implemented a passenger-oriented greeting system, as a result, increased customer base by 30%.
• Cut vehicle maintenance costs by 40%, as a result, increased company revenue.
• Streamlined vehicle issuance system, by implementing a unique system that checked vehicle numbers and driver specifications.
• Strategically resolved issues associated with driver availability.
• Voted Driver of the Year, owing to exceptional year-round performance, and customer feedback.
• Featured in the company magazine and website as the top performing driver of all times.
• Successfully saved passengers from threatening injury, during a particularly horrifying car pileup on a highway.
• Created and implemented a training program for new drivers, as a result, reduced the training time by 80%.
• Resolved 3 internal conflicts between drivers, through appropriate intervention.
• Improved ties within the driver union, through the implementation of core outreach and communications work.