Bookkeepers oversee a company’s financial records to ensure the stability of expenditure. They record financial transactions, handle bank statements, and even manage payrolls.
If you want to apply for a bookkeeping or accounting job, make sure that you write a compelling resume and cover letter.
As a matter of fact, a bookkeeper resume provides a list of your skills and experiences in order to grab the attention of hiring managers.
When building a resume for a bookkeeper job, remember that there is no right or wrong style or format to make a bookkeeper resume.
How to Write a Bookkeeper Resume?
- Start your resume using a bookkeeper summary. Alternately, if you have less experience in hand, you may use a bookkeeper objective statement.
- Write your bookkeeper skills, experiences, and accomplishments, as well as education.
- As employers scan your resume in 10 seconds, so mention your most relevant and strongest attributes.
- A consistent format is crucial to building a compelling bookkeeping resume.
- Update your resume frequently in order to make it ready for the next job application.
- Keep your resume one page in length.
Related: Bookkeeper Cover Letter
Bookkeeper Resume Sample 1
4550 Regalia Ave, Denver, CO 82092
❖❖ BOOKKEEPER ❖❖
A quick learner who maintains the confidentiality and meets strict deadlines for project completion.
Well organized and tactful Bookkeeper with 9+ years of experience in using bookkeeping software, handling financial transactions, managing cash flow and reconciling financial statements. Verifiable track record of processing and generating invoices and processing income statement requests. Detail-oriented, committed to getting work done. Works independently as well as collaboratively to attain perfection. Familiar with CPA bookkeeping protocol and GAAP guidelines.
– Ledger maintenance
– Customer Service
– Account handling
– Transaction verification
– Financial reporting
– Financial transactions
– Petty cash handling
– Vendor dealing
– CPM / BAMCO
– Payroll processing
• Pioneered in centralizing all financial records of the clients through online bookkeeping software.
• Reconciled and balanced pending inequities distributed in eight different client accounts.
• Enhanced the ledger accuracy by 50%, by implementing contemporary bookkeeping techniques.
• Attained the most dedicated employee award in 2018.
INTEGRANT, Denver, CO | 11/2015-Present
• Maintain and balance accounts regularly including subsidiary accounts.
• Post transactions timely and accurately.
• Maintain general ledger and issue account summaries.
• Maintain online and manual files and records in a logical manner.
• Monitor fixed assets and manage invoices.
• Prepare budgets and chart of accounts.
ATC LLC, Denver, CO | 4/2012-11/2015
• Correctly entered data in databases, spreadsheets, and QuickBooks.
• Punch information for bills and revenue received and created bills for services rendered.
• Logically organized and modified spreadsheets with formulas to analyze data efficiently.
• Communicated with managers and discussed issues related to data.
• Performed front desk and general office administrative work.
MAIN EVENT, Denver, CO | 6/2009-3/2012
• Assisted in record-breaking summarizing and reporting of accounts payable and receivable on a daily basis without any error or imbalance throughout work tenure.
• Collected account information to issue financial reports.
• Maintained and filed account-related historical records.
• Reconciled accounts and balanced the same using automated systems.
• Assisted in payroll processing.
City College, Denver, CO – 2009
Bachelor of Science in Accounting
• MS Excel (formulas, pivot tables, VLOOKUP, sorting, filtering)
• Word and PowerPoint
Bookkeeper Resume Sample 2
(Less Experience / Entry Level)
Looking for a Bookkeeper position with First Financials utilizing exceptional skills in bookkeeping and extensive background in accounting to manage the company’s financial records effectively.
• 2+ years of experience in accounting and bookkeeping arena
• Highly skilled in performing A/P, A/R, billing, financial reconciliations, and payroll tasks
• Honest and trustworthy
• Computer: QuickBooks and MS Excel
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Accounts Reconciliation and balancing
• Deposit slips preparation
• Reports compilation
• Cash receipts and expenditures
• Accounts payable and receivable
• Profit and loss statements
Accent Finances, Westport Island, ME 2018-Present
• Maintain company books including A/P, A/R, bank statements and other reports
• Reconcile and balance accounts
• Manage employee payroll services
• Record cash receipts
• Issue financial statements as of and when required
• Prepare all tax reports
• Introduced a system of online bookkeeping activities to ensure the centralization of financial records.
• Attained Employee of the Year Awarded following excellence in managing financial controls of the company for the entire year.
University of Alaska – Fairbanks, AK 2017-2018
• Maintained financial records
• Reconciled accounts
• Prepared the trial balance of books
• Established and balanced a variety of accounts using manual and automated systems
• Posted journal entries
• Maintained general ledgers and make financial statements
UNIVERSITY OF ALASKA – Fairbanks, AK – 2012
Master of Business Administration
• Able to maintain the confidentiality of documents
• Performing advanced accounting and mathematical calculations
• Outstanding work ethics with excellent organizational skills
• Attention to detail
Which Bookkeeper Resume Format Should I Select?
There are different kinds of bookkeeping resume formats, including chronological, functional or skills-based, and combination.
The format you select will depend on your career level, skills, and experiences.
If you have less than ten years of experience, then you should use a skills-based or functional format.
Alternately, you may use a chronological or combination format.
- Bookkeeper Interview
- Bookkeeper Resume No Experience
- Sample Skills for Bookkeeper
- Bookkeeper Achievements