Bookkeepers are required to manage a company’s financial records to ensure the stability of expenditure. They record financial transactions, manage bank statements and even manage payroll.
When building a resume for a bookkeeper position, you should remember that there is no right or wrong style or format to make your resume for the bookkeeping position.
The format depends on your career level, skills, and experience. If you have less than ten years of experience, you may use a skills-based or functional format and keep your resume one page in length.
Bookkeeper Resume Tips
● As employers scan your resume in 15-20 seconds so mention your most relevant and strongest attributes.
● A consistent format is crucial for your resume.
● Keep updating your resume to make it ready for next job application.
Related: : Bookkeeper Cover Letter for Resume
Bookkeeper Resume Sample 1
4550 Regalia Ave | Denver, CO 82092 | (009) 333-4444| [Email]
❖❖ BOOKKEEPER ❖❖
“I am a quick learner who maintains the confidentiality of sensitive data and meets strict deadlines for project completion.”
Well organized and tactful Bookkeeper with 7+ years of experience in using bookkeeping software, handling financial transactions, managing cash flow and reconciling financial statements. Verifiable track record of processing and generating invoices and processing income statement requests. Detail-oriented and committed to getting work done. Works independently as well as collaboratively to attain the perfection. Familiar with CPA bookkeeping protocol and GAAP guidelines.
|– Ledger maintenance||– Customer Service||– Account handling|
|– Transaction verification||– Information tracking||– Financial reporting|
|– Financial transactions||– Petty cash handling||– Vendor dealing|
|– CPM / BAMCO||– Record-keeping||– Payroll processing|
• Pioneered in centralizing all financial records of the clients through online bookkeeping software.
• Reconciled and balanced pending inequities distributed in eight different client accounts.
• Enhanced ledger accuracy up to 50 % by implementing effective and contemporary fool proof bookkeeping techniques.
• Attained the most dedicated employee award in 2011.
INTEGRANT, Denver, CO
Bookkeeper | 11/2015 to Present
• Maintain and balance accounts regularly including subsidiary accounts.
• Post transactions timely and accurately.
• Maintain general ledger and issue account summaries.
• Maintain online and manual files and records in a logical manner.
• Monitor fixed assets and manage invoices.
• Prepare budgets and chart of accounts.
ATC LLC, Denver, CO
Bookkeeper | 4/2012 to 11/2015
• Correctly entered data in databases, spreadsheets, and QuickBooks.
• Punch information for bills and revenue received and created bills for services rendered.
• Logically organized and modified spreadsheets with formulas to analyze data in an efficient manner.
• Communicated with managers and discussed issues related to data.
• Performed front desk and general office administrative work.
MAIN EVENT, Denver, CO
Bookkeeping Assistant | 6/2009 to 3/2012
• Assisted in record-breaking summarizing and reporting of accounts payable and receivable on a daily basis without any error or imbalance throughout work tenure.
• Collected account information to issue financial reports.
• Maintained and filed account related historical records.
• Reconciled accounts and balanced the same using automated systems.
• Assisted in payroll processing.
City College, Denver, CO – 2009
Bachelor of Science in Accounting
• MS Excel (formulas, pivot tables, VLOOKUP, sorting, filtering)
• Word and PowerPoint
Bookkeeper Resume Sample 2 (Less Experience / Entry Level)
Looking for a Bookkeeper position with First Financials utilizing exceptional skills in bookkeeping and extensive background in accounting to manage the company’s financial records effectively.
• Over two years of experience in accounting and bookkeeping arena
• Highly skilled in performing A/P, A/R, billing, financial reconciliations and payroll tasks
• Honest and trustworthy
• Computer: QuickBooks and MS Excel
|AREAS OF EXPERTISE|
|• Accounts Reconciliation and balancing||• Deposit slips preparation|
|• Reports compilation||• Cash receipts and expenditures|
|• Accounts payable and receivable||• Profit and loss statements|
Accent Finances – Westport Island, ME 2015 – Present
• Maintain company books including A/P, A/R, bank statements and other reports
• Reconcile and balance accounts
• Manage employee payroll services
• Record cash receipts
• Issue financial statements as of and when required
• Prepare all tax reports
• Introduced a system of online bookkeeping activities to ensure centralization of financial records
• Attained Employee of the Year Awarded following excellence in managing financial controls of the company for the entire year
University of Alaska – Fairbanks, AK 2014 – 2015
• Maintained financial records
• Reconciled accounts
• Prepared the trial balance of books
• Established and balanced a variety of accounts using manual and automated systems
• Posted journal entries
• Maintained general ledgers and make financial statements
UNIVERSITY OF ALASKA – Fairbanks, AK – 2012
Master of Business Administration
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Able to maintain the confidentiality of documents
• Proven ability to perform advanced accounting and mathematical calculations
• Outstanding work ethics with excellent organizational skills
• Good attention to detail
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
Last updated on