Bookkeepers oversee a company’s financial records to ensure the stability of expenditures. They record financial transactions, handle bank statements, manage payrolls and tax returns. and perform auditing tasks.
If you want to apply for a bookkeeping or accounting job, make sure that you write a compelling resume. A bookkeeper’s resume provides a list of your skills and experiences in order to grab the attention of hiring managers.
How to Write a Professional Resume for a Bookkeeper Position?
- Start your resume using a bookkeeper summary. Alternatively, if you have less experience in hand, you may use a bookkeeper objective statement.
- Write your skills, experiences, and accomplishments, as well as education.
- Mention your most relevant and strongest attributes.
- Use a consistent style and format.
- Update your resume frequently in order to get it ready for the next job application.
- Keep your resume one page in length.
Related: Bookkeeper Cover Letter Sample
Bookkeeper Resume Sample 1
Experience: 10 Years
4550 Regalia Ave, Denver, CO 82092
❖❖ BOOKKEEPER ❖❖
“I am a quick learner who maintains confidentiality and meets strict deadlines for project completion.”
Well-organized and tactful Bookkeeper with 10+ years of experience in using bookkeeping software, handling financial transactions, managing cash flow, and reconciling financial statements. Verifiable track record of processing and generating invoices and processing income statement requests. Detail-oriented, and committed to getting work done. Works independently as well as collaboratively to attain perfection. Familiar with CPA bookkeeping protocol and GAAP guidelines.
– Ledger maintenance – Payroll processing
– Account handling – Transaction verification
– Financial reporting – Financial transactions
– Petty cash handling – Vendor dealing
– CPM / BAMCO – Record-keeping
• Pioneered in centralizing all financial records of the clients through online bookkeeping software.
• Reconciled and balanced pending inequities distributed in eight different client accounts.
• Enhanced the ledger accuracy by 50%, by implementing contemporary bookkeeping techniques.
• Attained the most dedicated employee award in 2022.
INTEGRANT, Denver, CO
• Maintain and balance accounts regularly, including subsidiary accounts.
• Post transactions in a timely and accurate manner.
• Maintain general ledger and issue account summaries.
• Maintain online and manual files and records in a logical manner.
• Monitor fixed assets and manage invoices.
• Prepare budgets and charts of accounts.
ATC LLC, Denver, CO
• Correctly entered data in databases, spreadsheets, and QuickBooks.
• Punch information for bills and revenue received and created bills for services rendered.
• Logically organized and modified spreadsheets with formulas to analyze data efficiently.
• Communicated with managers and discussed issues related to data.
• Performed front desk and general office administrative work.
MAIN EVENT, Denver, CO
• Assisted in record-breaking summarizing and reporting of accounts payable and receivable on a daily basis without any error or imbalance throughout work tenure.
• Collected account information to issue financial reports.
• Maintained and filed account-related historical records.
• Reconciled accounts and balanced the same using automated systems.
• Assisted in payroll processing.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting
City College, Denver, CO – 2009
• MS Excel (formulas, pivot tables, VLOOKUP, sorting, filtering)
• Word and PowerPoint
Bookkeeper Resume Sample 2
Experience: 5 Years
189 Main Road, Westport Island, ME 66620
Looking for a Bookkeeper position with First Financials, utilizing exceptional skills in bookkeeping and extensive background in accounting to manage the company’s financial records effectively.
• 5+ years of experience in the accounting and bookkeeping arena
• Highly skilled in performing A/P, A/R, billing, financial reconciliations, and payroll tasks
• Able to perform advanced accounting and mathematical calculations
• Honest and trustworthy
• Computer: QuickBooks and MS Excel
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Accounts Reconciliation and balancing
• Deposit slips preparation
• Reports compilation
• Cash receipts and expenditures
• Accounts payable and receivable
• Profit and loss statements
Accent Finances, Westport Island, ME
Feb 2020 – Present
• Maintain company books including A/P, A/R, bank statements, and other reports
• Reconcile and balance accounts
• Manage employee payroll services
• Record cash receipts
• Issue financial statements as and when required
• Prepare all tax reports
• Introduced a system of online bookkeeping activities to ensure the centralization of financial records.
• Attained Employee of the Year Awarded following excellence in managing financial controls of the company for the entire year.
University of Alaska – Fairbanks, AK
Sep 2017 – Feb 2020
• Maintained financial records
• Reconciled accounts
• Prepared the trial balance of books
• Established and balanced a variety of accounts using manual and automated systems
• Posted journal entries
• Maintained general ledgers and make financial statements
Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce
ABC College – Fairbanks, AK – 2019
• Able to maintain the confidentiality of documents
• Excellent work ethic
• Good organizational skills
• Attention to detail