There are hundreds of uncertainties in our minds when we write bookkeeping resume with no experience in hand. The anxiety and fear of rejection is very real. And rightly so. Who wouldn’t be anxious thinking that a piece of paper can decide his or her entire future?
But seriously, it goes deeper than this – it is more about the embarrassment of not being selected for a bookkeeper job than anything else. But this is important to set right as well. Your resume needs to be perfectly written if you want to succeed in getting through to the employer. It cannot be halfway. By perfectly written, we mean complete and relevant in every sense.
Tips and tricks you will find by the dozen on the Internet. What you need to know more than anything else is the fact that entry level bookkeeper resumes only sell if they deliver “exactly” what the employer is looking for. Translate this into “read the job description thoroughly and attempt writing your resume accordingly “. The match between what you can deliver and what the employer needs has to be nothing less than perfect.
521 Saints Road ● Wilmington, DE 55232 ● (000) 999-2322 ● sinmon.ha @email .com
Known for managing time, meeting deadlines, and working under pressure.
SUMMARY: Enthusiastic and detail oriented individual with exceptional skills in performing all kinds of accounting and bookkeeping tasks. Deep insight into handling reconciliation work with special focus on accuracy. A self-starter who has a demonstrated ability to ensure timely and accurate recording of accounts receivable and payable in dedicated accounts books.
• Adept at maintaining an orderly accounting filing system and chart of accounts
• Focused on accurately calculating variances in budgets and reporting significant issues on an immediate basis
• Proficient in assembling detailed information for external auditors to aid periodic audits
CORE SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
|• Audit Support||• Reconciliation||• A/P, A/R|
|• Debt Follow-up||• Petty Cash Management||• Financial Analysis|
|• Accounts Filing||• Payroll||• QuickBooks|
|• Data Entry||• Record Keeping||• Customer Service|
DELAWARE STATE UNIVERSITY, Wilmington, DE – 2015
Bachelor of Science in Accounting
• Assisted in developing and implemented systems to account for financial transactions
• Maintained subsidiary accounts by ensuring that all entries are reconciled
• Balanced general ledgers by preparing trail balances and reconciling entries
• Filed financial documents using set recordkeeping rules, following confidentiality policies
• Provided support in preparing financial reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing accounting information
• Followed-up on outstanding payments by calling or emailing defaulted account holders
• Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Windows Operating System
STRONG REFERENCES available