Most college graduates worry about their entry level resumes looking too unprofessional and go to great lengths to put information that may actually be useless to hiring managers. Using complicated formatting tricks and oversized fonts is not going to make your resume bigger and better. This is not a solution – in fact, it just serves to highlight the fact that you are not experienced.
But the length of an entry level resume is not important – why go to all that trouble for nothing? What is important however, is demonstrating your knowledge and skills in the industry that you are applying for. By expounding your education, you can illustrate your knowledge and expertise, relevant to the job that you are applying for. If you only have a high school diploma, that is not a problem either – you can focus on your skills and any summer jobs that you may have held that are pertinent to the position.
Giving yourself a professional title also helps. Instead of writing entry level bookkeeper, simply write bookkeeper. If you are applying for an entry level job, it is obvious that you are an entry level bookkeeper. There is really no need to spell it out.
For the format, you can refer below to the entry level bookkeeper resume sample:
893 N Valley View Road ● Payson ● UT 71023 ● (999) 999-9999 ● janeperry @ email . com
PROFILE: Hardworking, enthusiastic and well-organized individual with deep knowledge of complex accounting and bookkeeping systems. Adept at preparing financial reports by accurately collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information and trends.
• Proficient in developing systems to account for financial transactions by establishing accurate charts of accounts
• Special talent for balancing and maintaining general ledgers by preparing trial balances and reconciling entries
• Skilled in monitoring debt levels by complying with debt covenants and performing follow up activities
• Competent at calculating and issuing financial analysis of financial statements
|● Invoicing||● Payroll Processing||● Petty Cash|
|● Tax Calculation||● Financial Analysis||● Reconciliation|
|● Debt Monitoring||● Accounts Balancing||● Internal Control Systems|
UTAH STATE UNIVERSITY, Payson, UT – 2009
Associate’s Degree in Accounting
Coursework: Accounting Ethics~ Bookkeeping Fundamentals ~ Quickbooks ~ Payroll Accounting ~ Forensic Accounting
ROSE INTERNATIONAL, Payson, UT (6/2014 to 2/2015)
• Verified source documents such as invoices and receipts to determine data needed for reporting purposes
• Posted financial transactions details to subsidiary books and transferred data to general ledgers
• Assisted in reconciling and balancing accounts and tracked and maintained inventory records
• Prepared checks and bank deposit slips and assisted in preparing and processing payroll
• Provided support in calculating and preparing tax documents
• MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
EXCERPT FROM REFERENCE
Jane has a strong accounting acumen with a demonstrated ability to coordinate and motivate activities of other team members …
Last updated on