All set to apply for a billing specialist position but haven’t updated your resume? STOP!
Do not send your old resume. Spend some time to update and customize it per the needs of firm you are applying at.
• The profile or summary statement is the first element on your resume that will set the tone for the whole document. Spend a lot of time and effort to create a compelling summary statement.
• The prospective employers want proof of your capabilities. It must be catered for by adding statistical figures in the accomplishments section. Make sure whatever you are writing is verifiable.
• Use compelling verbs in the professional experience section to strengthen it just like you used strong adjectives for the summary. Your choice of words can enhance or kill the impact those bullet points will have on the employer.
Billing Specialist Resume Sample
540 Olive Lane, Atlanta, GA 34006
(005) 444- 3333
Versatile, thorough and proactive billing professional with 10+ years of work experience in medical billing and coding, insurance claim follow up and accounts receivable monitoring. Track record of running billing system of the busy North-side Hospital single-handedly with 500+ clients smoothly and accurately.
|• Bill Posting||• Transaction Processing||• Reports Generation|
|• Customer Service||• Insurance Claims||• Data Entry|
|• Medical Coding||• Invoice Forwarding||• Case Monitoring|
|• Accounts Handling||• Billing Error Response||• Invoice Verification|
NORTHSIDE HOSPITAL, Atlanta, GA
Billing Specialist 2013-present
• Replace the manual billing system being used at the hospital with automated software BillMaster that not only resulted in enhancing the accuracy of billing department by 100% but also diminished manual effort involved in billing
• Calculate and generate bills for patients as they are discharged
• Study coded information on cases involving costs of more than $ 5000 personally to check insurance coverage details before forwarding the bill
• Facilitate processing of transactions by analyzing and verifying invoices and billing claims efficiently
• Issue weekly accounts receivable and other cash reports
MEDNAX, Atlanta, GA
Medical Biller 2008-2013
• Reduced bill generation and processing time 20% on average through the implementation of swift transaction processing strategies
• Kept track of accounts, processed incoming payments and ensured that the MEDNAX financial policy prerequisites for billing were met
• Prepared and sent out invoices
• Facilitated the process of verification to support daily transactional processing
INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, Atlanta, GA
AS Medical Billing and Coding