All set to apply for a billing specialist position but haven’t updated your resume in a while? STOP! Do not send your old resume. Take some time to update and customize it in accordance with the firm you are applying at.
• Remember, the performance summary is the foremost element on your resume that will set the tone for the document. Invest a lot of time and effort to create a compelling summary.
• The employers want proof of your capabilities. This must be catered for by inserting statistics in the key accomplishments section. Make sure whatever you are writing is verifiable.
• Use compelling verbs in the professional experience section to strengthen it just like you used strong adjectives for the summary. Your choice of words can enhance or kill the impact those bullet points will have on the employer.
Billing Specialist Resume Sample
540 Olive Lane • Atlanta, GA 34006 • (005) 444- 3333 • matt @ email . com
Versatile, thorough and proactive billing professional bringing 6+ years of relevant work experience to the table. Particularly skilled in medical billing and coding, insurance claim follow up and accounts receivable monitoring. Track record of running billing system of the busy North-side Hospital single handedly with 500+ clients smoothly and accurately.
|☑ Bill posting||☑ Transaction processing||☑ Reports generation|
|☑ Client dealing||☑ Insurance claiming||☑ Data entry|
|☑ Medical coding||☑ Invoice forwarding||☑ Case monitoring|
|☑ Accounts handling||☑ Billing error response||☑ Invoice verification|
✔ Reduced bill generation and processing time 20% on average through implementation of swift transaction processing strategies.
✔ Replaced the manual billing system being used at the hospital with automated software BillMaster that not only resulted in enhancing the accuracy of billing department by 100% but also diminished manual effort involved in billing.
✔ Earned the Award for ‘Most Accurate Biller’ in 2012.
NORTHSIDE HOSPITAL, Atlanta, GA
Billing specialist, 6/2010 to Present
• Calculate and generate bills for patients as they are discharged
• Study coded information on cases involving costs of more that 5K personally to check insurance coverage details before forwarding the bill
• Facilitate processing of transactions by analyzing and verifying invoices and billing claims efficiently
• Issue weekly accounts receivable and other cash reports
MEDNAX, Atlanta, GA
Cash processing officer, 3/2008 to 5/2010
• Kept track of accounts, processed incoming payments and ensured that the MEDNAX financial policy prerequisites for billing were met
• Prepared and sent out invoices
• Facilitated the process of verification to support daily transactional processing
INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, Atlanta, GA, 2008
AS, Medical Billing and Coding
Last updated on