Resumes for the medical billing specialist position in 2022 are not what they were back in 2012.
A lot has changed in the last decade where employer expectations are concerned.
More and more employers are now looking for a concise yet informative document that says much beyond the obvious.
And here is a resume sample of the sort:
Medical Billing Specialist Resume Example
4990 Brown Avenue
Toledo, OH 11515
MEDICAL BILLING SPECIALIST
“I offer a unique blend of patience, empathy, stress management, and attention to detail.”
Passionate and detail-oriented medical billing specialist with 13+ years’ track record of success in putting and validating medical claims data and overseeing the use of proper documentation and coding on patients’ accounts. Skilled at preparing and submitting clean claims to various insurance companies and performing regular follow-ups. A very positive and proactive approach to getting things done. Demonstrated sound judgment and initiative to solve complex problems.
– Records Accuracy – Insurance Liaison
– Benefits Interpretation – Claims Denial Follow-up
– Bad Debt Reporting – Patient Statements Review
– Delinquency Management – Patient Data Coding
– Reimbursement Processes – Coding Systems Support
– Fraud Investigation – Discrepancy Management
– SNOMED CT, ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT
– Electronic Medical Billing
– Electronic Remittance Advice (ERAs)
– HCFA 1500 forms
– Practice Management (PM)
– MS Word and Excel
• Implemented a core medical billing system which proved to be 59% more efficient than the previous one.
• Successfully obtained payments from 10 delinquent accounts by continually following up on them.
• Increased instances of insurance claims payment by 65% by efficiently creating and maintaining meaningful relationships with all insurance companies on board.
• Identified an insurance fraud by recognizing signs of deception and reporting them to the supervisor and the insurance company on time.
Medical Billing Specialist
Air Medical Resource Group, Toledo, OH
2014 – Present
• Identify and resolve patients’ billing problems and discrepancies.
• Review accounts for possible assignments and made correlating recommendations to the billing supervisor.
• Efficiently receive and sort incoming medical bills and invoices by paying particular attention to the credibility of information.
• Examine medical debts and delinquent accounts status.
• Ensure that appropriate follow-up duties are efficiently carried out.
• Oversee the billing procedure to ensure timely preparation of bills and invoices.
• Create and main an efficient reporting system to provide the management with information on billing procedures and outcomes.
Medical Billing Specialist
Some Company, Toledo, OH
2008 – 2014
• Effectively managed the status of outstanding payments.
• Ensured that any discrepancies were sorted immediately.
• Processed payments from insurance companies and prepared daily deposits.
• Verified completeness and accuracy of all billing records and claims before submission.
• Periodically updated accounts receivable databases with any missed payments or new account information.
• Created and maintain effective liaison with clients to provide them with information on their debts and deadlines.
• Oversaw the issuance and posting of bills and receipts by medical billing clerks.
Medical Billing Clerk
Medix, Toledo, OH
2005 – 2008
• Consulted medical records and obtained billing information to be posted to the database.
• Created and maintained records of bills accurately and confidentially.
• Issued invoices and monthly statements and updated files and records.
• Provided supervisor with information on outstanding bills and payments and performed follow-up activities.
• Ascertained that all invoices were timely submitted through electronic data exchange procedures.
High School Diploma
Toledo High School, Toledo, OH | 2004
“I excel in navigating the healthcare industry to get things resolved.”