It can be difficult to bring your medical billing and coding resume on the top of the pile. That is because there is fierce competition out there and your resume needs to be exceptionally appealing in order to earn you an interview.
How to Write a Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Resume?
Give your resume a professional look by using a simple and readable format and mentioning only the relevant details.
Start with a Summary Statement
Start your resume with a powerful medical billing and coding summary that truly summarizes your worth in a nutshell.
In order to make it appealing, portray your skills and competencies in relation to the needs of the prospective employer.
Write Quantified Achievements
Medical Billing and Coding Achievements will set you apart from the rest.
Include a Cover Letter
Don’t forget to include a Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Cover Letter along with your resume and other job application documents.
Below is an example of a good resume for medical billing and coding specialist position.
Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Resume Sample
433 Havana Square, Page, AZ 43854
edgar.carlson @ email . com
MEDICAL BILLING AND CODING SPECIALIST
Detail-oriented, accurate medical billing and coding professional with 5+ years’ hands-on experience in ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS coding. Strong expertise in invoice punching, coding information entries, code translation, medical billing, insurance claim filing and follow up. Excellent team player and quick decision-maker who has a profound ability to solve problems with minimum escalations. Trilingual: English, French, and Spanish.
Notes Review | Medical Terminology
Signature Verification | Code Translation
Insurance Claim Processing | Invoice Forwarding
Charge Sheet Review | Rejected Claims Follow-up
- Reduced claim processing time by 2 minutes per case on average through the implementation of a computerized data sharing mechanism.
- Synchronized all data into one software with the built-in option of inter-system code translation, reducing manual effort in data entry, coding, and translation by 50%.
- Attained the ‘Best Medical Coder’ award in 2018.
Billing and Coding Specialist
MEDICI HEALTH COMPLEX, Page, AZ | July 2012 – Present
- Assign code to 50+ medical records per day utilizing ICD 9 and CPT 4 coding convention
- Collect information for medical records updating
- Translate codes into insurance companies preferred systems
- Verify signatures on medical records
- Prepare and forward insurance claim documents
- Keep track of health care services provided to clients and issue bills accordingly
Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
NORTHWEST HOSPITAL, Page, AZ | May 2010 – June 2012
- Translated coded data to generate relevant invoices
- Generated direct billing reports and forwarded the same for verification
- Facilitated charge review, claim submission and payment posting
- Prepared appropriate claim documents for refund processing on behalf of insured patients
- Obtained necessary clarifications for physician and consultant notes to organize information for coding
- Accurately recorded the patient’s insurance company details into the system
Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
Associate’sDegree in Medical Billing and Coding
THE COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Page, AZ – 2010
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Database and Outlook
- Insurance websites navigation