Applying for a billing specialist position? Need an objective statement to furnish your resume? Here are some tips of billing specialist objective writing along with some samples to serve as guidance.
An objective statement for billing specialist resume needs to be customized per requirements of employer. To build such a statement, it is important to bring relevance into it.
The statement should revolve around what you can do for the firm. Such statements engage full interest of the employer and have better chances of clicking the employers’ interest as compared to self centered statements which simply mention that you need a position for your own professional growth.
Sample Objectives for Billing Specialist Resume
An objective statement takes up a whole section on the resume and that section is the foremost one. So it is very important this section utilized properly for the maximum benefit of the candidate. The only way to do this is to make an objective statement that convinces the employer that you as a candidate have all the skills and competencies required for the Billing Specialist position.
Another point to remember while forming an objective is concision. Objective statements must not look like summaries or skills, these are ideally very brief and to the point statements, occasionally mentioning a couple of job relevant core competencies the candidate has to offer.
• To attain a billing specialist position at XYZ Engineering utilizing skills in electronic record keeping, bills generation and invoices processing to provide support in accounting department and expedite timely payments.
• Seeking work as a billing specialist with a healthcare setting. Offers deep know-how of ICD-9, CPD and Electronic Health Record (EHR) keeping to ensure accuracy and timely processing of bills.
If you possess much experience in the field then you should go for an objective statement formatted like a performance summary. Such statements are increasingly gaining popularity these days.
• Seasoned and highly competent billing specialist seeking work with Baton Rouge General Medical Center. Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills. Working knowledge of ICD-9, electronic medical records CPT coding, and insurance reimbursement.
• Experienced billing professional, possessing core competencies in Medisys, Quickbooks and EHR, looking for a billing specialist position. Well-versed in overseeing all billing issues and ensuring timely completion of bills
An objective statement for a billing specialist can also be drafted like a proposal statement.
• To utilize my acquired skills in billing and coding, in order to enhance and progress the billing department of ABC institute.
Irrespective of the style you choose for forming the statement, you must make sure it states ‘what’s in it for the employer’ instead of stating ‘what’s in it for the candidate’. Some obvious details can be ignored and left out, like why you want the job however it is important to mention the exact position being sought in the objective statement.