Writing a compelling cover letter for a babysitter position is particularly challenging for candidates who have no relevant experience in hand. Beginners are often confused how to craft a cover letter and what kind of babysitting skills should be included. In order to build a good cover letter as an entry level babysitter, you need to create compelling content which focus on your transferable skills gained through education and real life experiences. Both points are discussed below:
• Begin your letter in interestingly and uniquely. The first paragraph is your only chance to create a good first impression – be creative but remain professional.
• Transferable skills are those skills that you possess and can be useful as a babysitter. For example if you are vigilant and detail oriented, these are skills that could come in handy to handle children.
230 Ivy Lane • Riverside, IL 65409 • (009) 874-5214 • helena @ email . com
May 7, 2017
Mr. Jake Henson
Reliable Babysitting Agency
780 Victory Ave
Riverside, IL 65409
Dear Mr. Henson:
If you are seeking a dependable, conscientious and friendly Babysitter who is passionate to take care of children of different ages, your search ends here! My sense of responsibility and compassion, combined with knowledge of early childhood development makes me a highly suitable candidate for your babysitting position.
I possess many interpersonal skills and child nourishment abilities that can be readily translated into professional strengths in the role of a babysitter. I perform every task with discipline, focus and commitment and possess the energy and dedication needed to groom infants and toddlers. Particularly, I am talented in:
• Providing fun and friendly atmosphere for family and children
• Watching over children to ensure their safety
• Actively initiating games, arts and crafts
• Changing diapers and assisting children in their toileting needs
• Preparing and serving snacks and bottle-feeding infants
• Cleaning children play areas and care for their toys
My first aid and Child CPR certifications will help me handle children in emergencies. As indicated in the reference letters, my teachers strongly acknowledge my organizational competencies in child counseling, volunteerism and peer mentoring.
I believe my background provides me with the child management, mentoring and caregiving acumen as needed for this job. I would welcome the opportunity of an interview to discuss my relevant skills and qualifications further. I will call you on Thursday to set up a suitable interview date and time. If you have any queries regarding my qualifications please feel free to contact me.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Last updated on