As you begin building your resume for a high school chemistry teacher position, you will need to highlight your passion for the subject and your expertise in imparting chemistry lessons to your students.
Since chemistry is a highly technical subject, you must make sure that you have a strong grasp on all its concepts (and sufficient teaching experience) before you begin writing your resume.
A resume for a chemistry teacher position should include your ability to plan and deliver chemistry lessons, your teaching achievements while you taught chemistry or worked in a corresponding environment.
Use of action words when pointing out your skills is very important so you should focus primarily on any technical skills that you have.
Here is a resume sample for this position that might interest you.
High School Chemistry Teacher Resume Sample
1923 Robin Lane ● West Jordan, UT 10293 ● (999) 999-9999, edwardben @ email . com
Committed to deliver exceptional results and heighten the trajectory of students’ academic and career success.
A versatile chemistry science graduate with extensive instructional and laboratory experience in an academic environment. Practical, hands-on approach to imparting chemistry lessons with a deep passion for understanding and communicating novel chemistry concepts based on extensive research.
• Adept at teaching chromatography and gel electrophoresis.
• Able to develop and implement a chemistry curriculum and lessons aimed at assisting students in learning complex concepts such as organic and chemical chemistry.
• Strong knowledge of sequence-specific recognition principals of DNA binding properties and its implementation in a classroom environment.
• Complete understanding of preparing interactive course materials including chemistry pilot projects to introduce new chemistry concepts.
• Developed a project as part of the high school pilot project series in a bid to assist students to understand the methodologies for ribonucleic acid encapsulation.
• Increased student interest in laboratory work by introducing real-time lab projects including minor electrostatic interactions with DNA.
• Decreased the number of high school students opting out of chemistry class by 30% by implementing chemistry concepts through non-conventional methods of teaching.
• Introduced interactive curriculum development to the school which brought about much interest from students willing to become part of the chemistry lesson planning activities.
Norton High School, West Jordan, UT | 2/2013 to Present
• Develop and implement core chemistry curriculum in accordance to state requirements for high schools.
• Create engaging chemistry lesson plans and impart them in non-conventional manners to retain students’ interest.
• Assist and supervise students in performing complex laboratory experiments.
• Educate students in the use of dangerous chemicals and lethal concoctions
• Instruct students to understand complex chemistry concepts and help them with comprehending their application.
• Establish acceptable classroom behavior and ensure it is being adhered to.
• Observe students to determine how they are performing in class and make notes of important observations.
• Discuss student progress with parents and offer reinforcements for students who have lack conceptual clarity.
Teacher Assistant – Chemistry
Fillmore High School, West Jordan, UT | 1/2008 to 2/2013
• Assisted lead chemistry teacher in developing and implementing lesson plans.
• Designed, created and distributed chemistry learning aids to students.
• Worked with students on a one-on-one basis to help them grasp complex chemistry concepts.
• Assisted students during laboratory experiments and ensured safe practices are followed.
• Reinforced chemistry concepts and assisted students with assignments.
• Observed students to gauge progress and assisted in creating student progress reports.
Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, 2008
DePaul University: West Jordan, UT