Are you looking for a babysitter position? If yes, then make sure that you craft the best cover letter to send with your resume and job application documents.
Why a babysitter cover letter is important?
Employers and families usually make the hiring decision for babysitters based on a complete job application package. This includes a babysitter cover letter and resume, as well as a recommendation letter. Therefore, you should craft these documents wisely in order to be considered for a babysitting job.
How to Write a Winning Cover Letter for babysitting position?
The following 6 tips will enable you to craft a babysitter cover letter that will be resulted in many babysitter interviews.
- Customize your cover letter as per the needs of the prospective employer or parents.
- Highlight the key traits and babysitting skills that will help you develop and nourish children.
- Show your enthusiasm to work for a specific employer in the first paragraph.
- Highlight some of your babysitting achievements.
- Concentrate on your ability to provide a safe environment for children.
- Check your letter for any mistakes before sending it.
The following 2 cover letter samples for a babysitter resume will assist you in making a job-winning cover letter.
Babysitter Cover Letter Sample 1 (To Parents)
November 15, 2020
Ms. Anna Steven
33 South Street
Atlantic City, NJ 06534
Dear Ms. Steven:
I’m writing to express my keen interest to work for your family as a Babysitter. Because your job description perfectly complements my babysitting skills and experiences, I feel confident that I can contribute significantly.
As an active early childhood development professional with two years of hands-on experience, I’d be able to develop and nourish your children effectively. Not only I am reliable and honest, but also I have a track record of taking full charge of children in the absence of parents.
My areas of expertise include:
- Preparing and serving nutritious meals
- Changing diapers
- Preparing formulas and bottle-feed infants
- Transporting children to and from school
- Helping them with their homework
- Keeping children engaged while developing them physically and mentally
In fact, I know how to keep the kids safe and amused in different healthy ways. I love to play and run with children and sing songs. Likewise, I am able to do creative projects with children.
My previous employers commended my ability to create a safe and stimulating environment for children. Owing to my strong work ethic, punctuality, and sound judgment, I attained the ‘Best Babysitter’ Award thrice.
My resume and recommendation letters are attached for your review. If you believe that there is a good match, as I do, please call me at the number given below in order to set up a meeting.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Enc. Resume and Recommendation Letters
Babysitter Cover Letter Sample 2 (To Agency)
November 15, 2020
Mr. Frank Clinton
Human Resources Manager
139 Left Lane
Warwick, RI 12553
Dear Mr. Clinton:
As a dependable childcare professional, I would like to be considered for the babysitter position recently opened at Babysitters Inc. My hands-on experience, coupled with a fun a friendly personality, makes me an excellent contender.
As can be seen in the attached resume, I am extremely adept at handling children of all ages. Please refer to the following list of qualifications that I have to offer:
- Highly experienced in planning and preparing meals for children
- Knowledge of bathing, dressing, and grooming children in accordance with parents’ directions
- Demonstrated ability to organize play activities for children and accompanying them to outdoor activities
- Talented in monitoring children in order to ensure physical and emotional safety
- Able to shop for necessities such as clothes, formula, and groceries
- Unmatched ability to assist with homework and school projects
- Proven record of effectively handling school runs, and errand running work
My love and affection for children would enable me to surpass your expectations. I will call your office after a few days to follow-up on my job application. Meanwhile, you may reach me at (000) 194-1883.
Thank you for your consideration.
Sending a resume to apply for a babysitter position without a cover letter is not a great idea. Through the cover letter, the hiring manager gauges what your qualifications are. Therefore, it is important to write this document wisely in order to win an interview.