Are you looking for a babysitter position? If yes, then make sure that you craft the best cover letter to send with your resume and job application documents. This page will guide you on how to craft an interview-winning babysitter cover letter.
Why a cover letter is important?
Employers and families usually make the hiring decision for babysitters based on a complete job application package. This includes a babysitter cover letter and resume, as well as a recommendation letter.
Tnerfore, you should craft these documents wisely in order to be considered for a babysitting job.
How to Write a Winning Cover Letter for babysitting position?
The following 6 tips will enable you to craft a babysitter cover letter that will be resulted in many babysitter interviews.
- Customize your cover letter as per the needs of the prospective employer or parents.
- Highlight the key traits and babysitting skills that will help you develop and nourish children.
- Show your enthusiasm to work for a specific employer in the first paragraph.
- Highlight some of your babysitting achievements.
- Concentrate on your ability to provide a safe environment for children.
- Check your letter for any mistakes before sending it.
The following 2 cover letter samples for a babysitter resume will assist you in making a job-winning cover letter.
Babysitter Cover Letter Sample 1 (To Parents)
September 14, 2020
Ms. Anna Steven
33 South Street
Atlantic City, NJ 06534
Dear Ms. Steven:
I’m writing to express my keen interest to work for your family as a Babysitter. Because your job description perfectly complements my babysitting skills and experiences, I feel confident that I can contribute significantly.
As an active early childhood development professional with two years of hands-on experience, I’d be able to develop and nourish your children effectively. Not only I am reliable and honest, but also I have a track record of taking full charge of children in the absence of parents.
My areas of expertise include:
- Preparing and serving nutritious meals
- Changing diapers
- Preparing formulas and bottle-feed infants
- Transporting children to and from school
- Helping them with their homework
- Keeping children engaged while developing them physically and mentally
In fact, I know how to keep the kids safe and amused in different healthy ways. I love to play and run with children and sing songs. Likewise, I am able to do creative projects with children.
My previous employers commended my ability to create a safe and stimulating environment for children. Owing to my strong work ethic, punctuality, and sound judgment, I attained the ‘Best Babysitter’ Award thrice.
My resume and recommendation letters are attached for your review. If you believe that there is a good match, as I do, please call me at the number given below in order to set up a meeting.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Enc. Resume and Recommendation Letters
Babysitter Cover Letter Sample 2 (To Agency)
September 14, 2020
Mr. Frank Clinton
Human Resources Manager
139 Left Lane
Warwick, RI 12553
Dear Mr. Clinton:
As a dependable childcare professional, I would like to be considered for the babysitter position recently opened at Babysitters Inc. My hands-on experience, coupled with a fun a friendly personality, makes me an excellent contender.
As can be seen in the attached resume, I am extremely adept at handling children of all ages. Please refer to the following list of qualifications that I have to offer:
- Highly experienced in planning and preparing meals for children
- Knowledge of bathing, dressing, and grooming children in accordance with parents’ directions
- Demonstrated ability to organize play activities for children and accompanying them to outdoor activities
- Talented in monitoring children in order to ensure physical and emotional safety
- Able to shop for necessities such as clothes, formula, and groceries
- Unmatched ability to assist with homework and school projects
- Proven record of effectively handling school runs, and errand running work
My love and affection for children would enable me to surpass your expectations. I will call your office after a few days to follow-up on my job application. Meanwhile, you may reach me at (000) 194-1883.
Thank you for your consideration.
Sending a resume to apply for a babysitter position without a cover letter is not a great idea. Through the cover letter, the hiring manager gauges what your qualifications are. Therefore, it is important to write this document wisely in order to win an interview.