As a research assistant, you do not have to worry about applying for a job, especially if you are mulling over lack of experience.
The fact that your skills are with you is enough to make you an excellent individual to hire at this position.
However, you do need to ensure that your resume is formatted correctly, and the content is in accordance with the requirements of the hiring manager. This is where we come in.
When writing a resume for a research assistant position, your focus should be on your ability to derive information from many resources.
For instance, your ability to perform internet and library research will help you in getting the job.
Resume sample ahead for you to look at and gain information from!
Research Assistant Resume with No Experience
970 Crate Road, Fargo, ND 90133
Resourceful and organized individual with a substantial interest in collecting and analyzing data, and preparing materials properly. Effectively able to assist with academic research, and handling editing and preparation of manuscripts.
Bachelor’s Degree in Education
North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND – 2018
Awards and Honors
• Titled as the best researcher during university projects, for two years consistently
• Received an award from the management for putting together the most well-researched mid-year paper
• Reached at the top of the class 5 times in a row, due to excellent academic progress
• Selected as one of the 3 students to receive a full grant for an auxiliary course
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Interviews Management
- Internet Research
- Library Resource Development
- Statistical Analysis
- Data Collection and Logging
- Information Gathering
- Fact Checking
- Project Specific Methodologies
- Research Techniques
North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND | 3/2019 – 6/2019
• Read and comprehend information regarding assigned research projects
• Collected data through complex techniques and procedures
• Referred to libraries, and old interviews in order to collect required data
• Wrote and edited materials for publication, and presentations
• Recorded and logged findings in reports and databases
• Conducted interview in order to obtain the required information
• Performed data analysis work so as to derive important information
• Led a cleanup project team, representing WWF USA, in July 2018
• Volunteered services to Fargo Senior Care, in a hospital assistance capacity