A student looking for a first job always finds it extremely hard to write a resume.
This is usually due to the fact that there isn’t much to write in the resume due to lack of experience.
While this is true, it is essential to understand that the resume does not necessarily have to possess all that a candidate has done; what the candidate can do is more important at times.
Here is a sample of a Research Assistant resume of a computer science graduate seeking a research assistant position in the Computer Science department.
You can customize it in order to make your resume.
Sample Research Assistant Resume with No Experience
133 Example Drive, Mobile, AL 33217
To obtain a position of Research Assistant at Learning Alliance, where I can employ the knowledge that I have derived from my Computer Sciences degree and internship to contribute effectively for a better student-teacher coordination.
Bachelor of Computer Science
Alabama State University, Mobile, AL – 2018
Overall GPA: 3.9
Major GPA: 3.8
• Complete understanding of all computer related terminology
• Experienced in both software development and hardware configuration theories
• Profound knowledge of algorithms and data structures
• Comfortable with computer security and cryptography
• Unique perception of computer graphics and visualizations
• Good understanding of research practices brought about by observing and working with research assistants while at university
SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES
• Excellent skills in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Demonstrated skills in organization and problem solving
• Able to multi-task, and work under tight deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and collaborative skills
• Profound ability to interact with a diverse constituent population
• Professional demeanor and warmth towards research participants
• Data Centralization Over Networks
• Interest Calculation System for Banks
• Authentication Using Mobile Phones
• Variable Power Supply
ACTIVITIES & INTERESTS
• Member of the Computer Sciences Club at the University
• An active member of The Rovers – School music band
• Volunteer work at the Old Age Housing