Research analysts interpret data, formulate reports and make recommendations based on their findings.
In order to create a resume for an entry-level research analyst position, you will have to identify your skills first.
What did you learn in college that will help you with your research analysis?
What have you done to make sure that you build up what you have learned?
Whatever it is that you have learned is what needs to go into your resume.
Since you do not have the experience to help you catch the employer’s eye, it is the best practice to focus on what you do have and that is academic qualifications and skills.
Use both to sell yourself to the company that you want to work for. Your resume should look something like this:
Entry Level Research Analyst Resume (No Experience)
102 Pueblo Drive, Los Alamos, NM 43391
myth.gordon @ email . com
Energetic graduate with deep knowledge of formulating research analysis plans and conducting in-depth data analysis activities. Eager to work for ABC Company to use my skills in handling targeted market research with data integrity as the key operative.
• Demonstrated knowledge of using unique techniques such as surveys and focus groups to assist companies in marketing their products more effectively.
• Well-versed in predicting future sales through effective research analysis.
• Specialized courses in analyzing and synthesizing research findings to develop valuable insights.
Bachelor of Science in Statistics
North Minnesota University, Los Alamos, NM – 2021
Market Research Intern
Ipsos, Los Alamos, NM
1/2022 – 4/2022
• Communicated with clients to understand and document their business objectives
• Assisted in formulating market research analysis plans and conducting in-depth data investigations
• Determined who will buy products and what prices are suitable for a product
• Provided input on pricing strategies and methods of marketing products
• Conducted surveys and devised focus group discussions and handled mail responses
• Indulged in activities to increase public demand for product lines
• Helped in developing advertising and promotional materials
CORE SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
– Primary Research
– Reports Generation
– Strategic Planning
– Statistical Analysis
– Data Integrity
– Actionable Recommendations
– Research Methodologies
– Logical Targets Setting