A cover letter for an office assistant resume is the most critical part of your job application package.
That is to say; it persuades the reader to see your enclosed resume.
How to Write an Office Assistant Cover Letter?
1. Address your cover letter to the person who has the authority to hire you. You may to visit the prospective company’s website or make a phone call to them to identify the hiring manager’s name.
2. Divide your letter into 3 – 4 logical and attractive paragraphs.
- Specify your reason for writing
- Stating the exact title of Office Assistant position
- Mention the source where you found this job ad
- Highlight 2-3 most relevant skills which would enable you to perform the office assistant job efficiently
- Relate your experience, skills, and abilities to the specific employer’s job description
- Prove that you have the necessary office assistant skills to fulfill the job requirements
Third Paragraph (Optional)
- Draw attention towards your additional skills and personal traits that qualify you for the office assistant job
- Identify the follow-up steps you will take
- Take the initiative by requesting an interview
- Say thanks to the recruiter for their time and consideration
- Include your contact details in the last line
The following cover letter examples for Office Assistant Resume will give you a good start in your job application process.
Office Assistant Cover Letter Sample 1
44 West Street, Atlanta, GA 66996
June 24, 2019
Ms. Sara Anderson
69 Some Street
Atlanta, GA 63321
Dear Ms. Anderson:
I am eager to make a substantial contribution to the AA Company’s team in the role of an Office Assistant. Owing to my vast experience in administrative capacities and excellent customer service insight, I will be able to meet and exceed your expectations.
I have a track record of building and maintaining positive working relationships with co-workers, customers, and vendors. My strengths in the general office work, such as scanning, typing, and filing and my exceptional phone handling skills, are the reasons for my success in my previous office assistance roles. I have been known for maintaining the confidentiality of files, following safety procedures, and creating a safe work environment.
As indicated in the enclosed resume, I take my job very seriously by strictly following deadlines, remaining punctual, and exhibiting professionalism.
I am confident that I can be an asset to AA Company, and would like discussing further how my administrative skills and passion can address your needs. I will contact your office next week to see if it is suitable to arrange either a phone or in-person interview. If you need additional information in the interim, you may contact me at (000) 952-4563.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Office Assistant Cover Letter Sample 2
54 Garden Street
Irvine, KY 41411
June 24, 2019
Mr. Gary Holmes
Human Resources Manager
108 Stacy Lane
Irvine, KY 40192
Dear Mr. Holmes:
This letter and the attached is a strong expression of interest in the Office Assistant position at Soft Tech. After looking through your job advertisement, I concluded that my profile is a perfect fit.
The following are some of my accomplishments in a similar capacity:
- Saved overhead expenses by $10,000, by introducing alternative energy means and office hours management
- Launched an online filing system, decreasing file retrieval time by 30%
- Increased efficiency of office supplies procurement by adding the “Auto Order” system that sent inventory alerts when supplies run low
In order to help manage your office and assist in its growth and expansion, I am eager to bring to the following attributes:
- Competent at office management practices, aimed at organizing office space and supplies according to company protocols
- Well-developed communication skills targeted at managing customers in a manner that will ensure recurring business opportunities
- Adept at performing all kinds of office functions with exceptional accuracy
- Track record of implementing general office administration and record-keeping tasks
After reviewing my enclosed resume, you will note that my extensive training in the clerical arena is the reason behind my success as an office assistant.
I will contact you next week to see if a mutually convenient meeting time can be arranged. Thank you very much for your time and consideration.