When applying for an office assistant job, you need to highlight your experiences and the improvements you made during your old position.
If you’re going to change careers, you must emphasize the most relevant and transferable job duties.
Remember to start job description statements with an action word. Never start the phrases with ‘I.’
Sample Job Description for Office Assistant Resume
• Assigned tasks, supervised, and reported fiscal/personnel status to the management.
• Assumed a lead role in coordinating meetings and events with multiple managers/offices.
• Collaborated inter-departmental communication & resourcefully met deliverable deadlines and accomplished tasks.
• Collected cash transmittals from various county departments, issued receipts, made necessary deposits, and prepared entries to be recorded into the financial MIS.
• Competently did support work for the senior managers, performing highly complex administrative functions.
• Conducted admin-related research & maintained expense reports.
• Coordinated activities across numerous business groups, providing support for program and project management.
• Determining work priorities and schedules, examined correspondence, and supervised employees engaged in obtaining and dispersing information.
• Efficiently handled multiple priorities and flexibly adapted to changing priorities and demands of management and clients alike.
• Gathered data relevant to projects for the senior management.
• Handled and distributed all incoming mail to appropriate departments.
• Made necessary arrangements for special guests; received guests in the absence of the administration department manager.
• Maintained a high level of confidentiality in a professional manner.
• Managed extremely heavy scheduling of administrative work.
• Met and greeted clients and affiliates during on-site meetings.
• Monitored office equipment such as computers, phone systems, and electronics and coordinated maintenance issues.
• Ordered, received, stored, and distributed office supplies while accurately maintaining supply inventory.
• Arranged briefing materials for meetings, proposals, presentations, and calls.
• Prepared complicated documents and presentations.
• Processed and reviewed routine paperwork and entered data into the database.
• Provided support and guidance to newly hired clerical employees and administrative staff.
• Statistically analyzed information gathered by assistants, preparing charts, graphs & administrative reports.
• Utilizing arithmetic knowledge, calculated & prepared & coded billings, verifying receipts.
• With superior interpersonal and customer service skills, handled time-sensitive & stressful situations related to customers.