An Office Assistant is responsible for much more than merely performing clerical work, typing memos and answering guests.
S/he must be extremely organized, proficient in using computer programs especially MS Word and Excel and able to deal with clients and co-workers in a pleasant and friendly manner.
An office assistant resume contains information about applicant’s front desk and customer service capabilities, clerical skills, computer knowledge, education and related experience.
The following resume along with this Office Assistant Cover Letter will assist you in making your job application set.
Office Assistant Resume Example
228 Park Ave | New York, NY 10002 | (000) 658-9584 | [Email]
❖❖ OFFICE ASSISTANT ❖❖
“I streamline and organize office processes to maximize profitability and reduce expenses.”
Highly-motivated, upbeat professional with 9+ years’ verifiable track record of managing general office operations. Excellent people skills with a profound ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. A detail-oriented professional who can actively perform secretarial, clerical and front desk duties in a fast-paced, and collaborative team environment. Excellent communicator with sound judgment, keen attention to detail and a friendly nature.
|✓ Meetings / Calendar management
✓ Reception work and customer service
✓ Receiving and distributing mail
✓ Picking-up and delivering items
✓ Data entry and proofreading
✓ Bilingual: English/Spanish
|✓ Basic accounting procedures
✓ Ledgers, mailing lists, and labels
✓ Supplies and equipment maintenance
✓ Staff attendance management
✓ Liaison between departments
✓ Great telephone etiquette
STAPLES, New York, NY | 2011 – Present
• Provide primary support to the advanced office operations.
• Successfully perform all kinds of clerical and front desk tasks.
• Purchase and manage supplies for the office along with performing photocopy and runner duty.
• Answer phones, greet and help customers with queries and resolve their basic concerns.
• Create and oversee staffing events.
• Proofread and edit official correspondence.
• File and maintain reports for managers on a regular basis.
• Reorganized office administration procedures, increasing overall efficiency by 20%.
• Achieved ‘Employee of the Month Award’ three times in one year.
SHERIFF’S OFFICE, Calvert County, MD | 2007 – 2011
• Efficiently performed basic level general office clerical work in support of unit operations.
• Received, screened and referred telephone calls.
• Greeted and assisted visitors.
• Operated photocopy and fax machines.
• Received and routed mail; directs items to other offices.
• Maintained office files and folders.
• Keyed data into computer databases.
• Verified information on billings accurately which significantly decreased bill processing time.
• Improved cash reporting system and internal control procedures.
ABC COLLEGE, Aberdeen, MD | 2006
A.A.S | Office Administration
• MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Windows-Microsoft Programs
• Typing speed: 55 WPM with accuracy
Last updated on