Going through 5 different types of resumes, you will find out that each of them has a different way of opening. But each one of them will have one thing in common – a section that is dedicated to introducing you as a worthwhile candidate for a position. There is little evidence to prove that a resume which lacks an objective is favored by employers. Stay within the safety lines by preparing a resume that hosts an objective which is useful for a prospective employer.
Apart from the fact that you must remain within the limitations of professional decorum, a resume objective can pretty much be written in any way that you wish. Understanding what it is used for is step one. Satisfying this need is the next step. Imagine that a resume objective is your introduction to someone whom you’ve never met – in a professional sense. How will you write it? “Hello. My name is James Bond, and I am the greatest spy catcher known to history” will suffice. This statement gives you the name of the person applying for the job, along with information of what he does best. And this is exactly how you need to articulate your professional prowess in a resume objective.
Just any resume objective example will not do, as there are dozens out there that say absolutely nothing of much worth. Instead of looking around for the perfect one, refer to the samples given below:
• Customer service-oriented Airline Customer Service Agent seeking a position at Delta Airlines,. Bringing 6 years’ track record of handling passenger check-in processes, placing special focus on verifying identification and reservation statuses.
• Highly skilled and organized Airline Customer Service Agent with over 4 years of experience in providing exceptional first tier services to airline passengers currently seeking a position at Airlink. Expert in facilitating boarding and deplaning, by focusing on passenger satisfaction and wellbeing.
• Desire a position as an Airline Customer Service Agent at Sierra Flight. Offers exceptional ability to verify passengers’ documents, assist them with reservations and boarding, and ensuring smooth transition from counter to plane.
• Well-organized, efficient and pleasant individual, with over 3 years of dedicated experience working as an Airline Customer Service Agent. Looking for a similar position at US Air, offering adeptness at checking baggage, issuing labels and ensuring that passengers with special needs are assisted on priority.
• Airline Customer Service Agent, best known for talents in providing exceptional customer care at the counter level. Desire a position at USA Airways by providing benefit of exceptional skills in handling passenger check-in processes, and facilitating reservation and deplaning procedures according to company policies and protocols.