In order to be considered for a passenger service agent job, you will need to build a resume that speaks volumes for what you can do for them.
Expressing your interest in a passenger service job is easy. On the other hand, aligning your abilities with the demands of the prospective company is challenging.
How to Write a Perfect Resume for a Passenger Service Agent Job?
- Use the airline terminology and keywords in your resume.
- Read the job description thoroughly and find out precisely what the prospective employer is looking for. Customize your resume accordingly.
- Do not copy and paste a sample from the internet.
- Write only your relevant qualifications, skills, and experiences.
- Focus on your accomplishments, as well as experience.
Take a look at the resume sample for a passenger service agent below.
Passenger Service Agent Resume Example
826 Shannon Drive, Baltimore, MD 78210
PASSENGER SERVICE AGENT
Passionate about customer service and committed to continuous improvement.
Self-motivated airline passenger service professional with 6+ years’ proven track record of managing airline ticketing counter and gate service. Adept at ensuring the smooth handling of passengers at departures, arrival, and transfer areas. Well versed with the needs and safety requirements of passengers and airport personnel.
• Effectively calmed down angry passengers when flights had been delayed or canceled.
• Performed ticketing and boarding duties during a particularly busy time at the airport during the Christmas holidays.
• Discovered drugs in large quantities being transported in a passenger’s hand baggage.
• Suggested an “online check-in” system that brought down passenger delays and missed flights by 60%.
Passenger Service Agent
US Airline, Baltimore, MD | 8/2015 – Present
• Greet passengers to ticketing counters and inquire into their traveling details.
• Look through schedules to determine flight availability and suggest possible itineraries.
• Book clients’ passages, process cash or credit card payments and hand them their tickets.
• Tend to general inquiries posed by passengers regarding flight times and schedules.
• Help passengers check-in by verifying ticket information and stamping and delivering their boarding passes.
• Take luggage to be booked and scan it to counter ensure that it contains no illegal items.
Passenger Service Agent
BBT Aviation, Baltimore, MD | 6/2012 – 8/2015
• Provided passengers with luggage stubs while ensuring that hand luggage was tagged correctly.
• Assisted passengers who missed their flights by providing them with information on alternative flights and routes.
• Designated seat assignments and verified documentation for both domestic and international flights.
• Announced arrivals, departures and flight delays on public address systems.
• Assisted in tracking lost baggage and items.
Passenger Services Aide
Delta Air, Baltimore, MD | 11/2010 – 6/2012
• Assisted passengers by providing them with flight schedules and timings.
• Coordinated efforts with passenger service agents to ensure that passengers who have missed their flights are given alternatives.
• Handled irate passengers by reasoning with them calmly and efficiently.
• Tagged the passengers’ hand baggage and booked luggage.
• Escorted passengers to their designated terminals to ensure that they board the correct flights.
Specialized Courses in Airline Customer Service
CITY COLLEGE, Baltimore, MD – 2010
High School Diploma
ST. JOHN’S HIGH SCHOOL, Baltimore, MD – 2009
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Answering queries
• Complaint handling
|• Airline operations|
• Baggage handling
• Service recovery
• Check-in and boarding
• Passenger verification
English, Spanish and Portuguese
• MS Office Applications
• Airport Management System
See also: Passenger Service Agent Cover Letter