In order to be considered for a passenger service agent job, you will need to build a resume that speaks volumes for what you can do for them.
Expressing your interest in a passenger service job is easy. On the other hand, aligning your abilities with the demands of the prospective company is difficult.
• Use the airline terminology and keywords in your resume.
• Read the job description thoroughly and find out exactly what the prospective employer is looking for. Customize your resume accordingly.
• Do not copy and paste.
• Mention your relevant qualifications, skills, and experiences.
Take a look at the resume sample for a passenger service agent below.
See also: Passenger Service Agent Cover Letter
Passenger Service Agent Resume Example
826 Shannon Drive, Baltimore, MD 78210
PASSENGER SERVICE AGENT
Passionate about customer service and committed to continuous improvement.
Self-motivated airline passenger service professional with 6+ years’ proven track record of managing airline ticketing counter and gate service. Adept at ensuring the smooth handling of passengers at departures, arrival and transfer areas. Well versed with needs and safety requirements of passengers and airport personnel.
• Provides leadership to passengers during check-in and boarding gates by providing them with the exact information required to ensure a smooth transition.
• Upholds standards in customer services by ensuring that all passenger problems regarding flight delays and cancellations are handled following set company policies.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|• Communication||• Airline operations||• Check-in and boarding|
|• Answering queries||• Baggage handling||• Passenger verification|
|• Announcements||• Service recovery||• Complaint handling|
|• Ticketing||• Reporting||• Airfreight|
• Effectively calmed down angry passengers when flights had been delayed or canceled.
• Performed ticketing and boarding duties during a particularly busy time at the airport during Christmas holidays.
• Discovered drugs in large quantities being transported in a passenger’s hand baggage.
• Suggested an “online check-in” system that brought down passenger delays and missed flights by 60%.
US Airline, Baltimore, MD | 8/2015 to Present
Passenger Service Agent
• Greet passengers to ticketing counters and inquire into their traveling details.
• Look through schedules to determine flight availability and suggest possible itineraries.
• Book clients’ passages, process cash or credit card payments and hand them their tickets.
• Tend to general inquiries posed by passengers regarding flight times and schedules.
• Check-in passengers by verifying ticket information and stamping and delivering their boarding passes.
• Take luggage to be booked and scan it to counter ensure that it contains no illegal items.
BBT Aviation, Baltimore, MD | 6/2012 to 8/2015
Passenger Service Agent
• Provided passengers with luggage stubs while ensuring that hand luggage was tagged correctly.
• Assisted passengers who missed their flights by providing them with information on alternative flights and routes.
• Designated seat assignments and verified documentation for both domestic and international flights.
• Announced arrivals, departures and flight delays on public address systems.
• Assisted in tracking lost baggage and items.
Delta Air, Baltimore, MD | 11/2010 to 6/2012
Passenger Services Aide
• Assisted passengers by providing them with flight schedules and timings.
• Coordinated efforts with passenger service agents to ensure that passengers who have missed their flights are given alternatives.
• Handled irate passengers by reasoning with them calmly and efficiently.
• Tagged passengers hand baggage and booked luggage.
• Escorted passengers to their designated terminals to ensure that they board the correct flights.
CITY COLLEGE, Baltimore, MD – 2010
Specialized Courses in Airline Customer Service
ST. JOHN’S HIGH SCHOOL, Baltimore, MD – 2009
High School Diploma
English, Spanish and Portuguese
• MS Office Applications
• Airport Management System