The summary of the qualifications section of the administrative assistant resume allows you to state your skills, values, and interests to get the notice of the reader.
It is an excellent place to include relevant keywords, buzzwords, and requirements that have been mentioned in the job description.
Remember that it is sometimes easier to make this section once you have written other sections of the administrative assistant resume.
Moreover, the job description given by the employer will also help you make qualification statements effectively.
This section should be no longer than 4 or 5 sentences.
You may write your summary of qualifications in paragraph or bullet form.
Moreover, the summary of qualifications must not duplicate the information further down in your resume.
Here are examples:
Administrative Assistant Summary Examples (Paragraphs)
1. An adaptable and ambitious individual with excellent problem solving and team working skills. Proven experience in handling operational support duties along with exceptional ability to manage tier one responsibilities.
2. Versatile and well-organized administrative assistant with in-depth knowledge of making administrative and procedural decisions, with the aim of running a reliable office system.
3. High energy background in managing administrative duties in a fast-paced marketing environment. Tenacious and resourceful with a great talent for blending creativity and organizational abilities to achieve outstanding results.
4. Uniquely qualified administrative assistant with 6+ years of experience in a wide variety of office work. Reliable and methodical with exceptional talent to manage both staff and office issues by exercising tact and good sense.
5. An accomplished and results-oriented individual with a strong aptitude for organization and office administration. Committed to the highest levels of professional excellence through hands-on administrative and operational experience.
6. A highly analytic thinker with a demonstrated talent for planning, initializing, and implementing operational procedures and streamlining complex work procedures. Computer literate, with extensive proficiency in a wide variety of applications.
7. Professionally trained administrative assistant with a broad range of skills in office administration, operations, and clerical work. Proven ability to handle crisis situations with delicacy by employing perception and situational discernment.
Method 2: You may also split your qualifications into bullet points rather than writing a paragraph.
Summary of Qualifications for Administrative Assistant Resume (Bullet Points)
• Highly skilled in greeting visitors, determining the nature of the business, and directing to the concerned person.
• Able to give accurate and detailed information to visitors.
• In-depth knowledge of typing correspondences, reports, and other documents.
• Proven record of answering the telephone, providing relevant information to callers, and routing calls to appropriate individuals.
• Demonstrated ability to schedule appointments and meetings.
• Well versed in taking and compiling minutes of meetings.
• Thorough understanding of making copies of printed documents, and filing correspondences, reports, and records.
• Quick at gathering and typing statistical reports and charts.
• Adept at arranging travel schedules and reservations.
• Computer: Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
• Communication: Able to work and converse effectively with all levels of colleagues, clients, and other external contacts.