Every resume for administrative assistant position should contain some mandatory sections such as objective/profile, qualifications, core competencies, skills, experience and education.
In case you have less or no experience in hand, you may replace these sections with some others such as; honors and awards, extracurricular activities, certifications, professional memberships, languages, and background information.
Based on job requirements and your experiences, you may decide which sections can successfully gran prospective employer’s interest.
Categorize the contents of your resume by highlighting the important statements at the beginning of each section. Within each section, write relevant information in reverse chronological order.
42 Langhorne Road, Scottsville, VA 33322
(000) 589-6252 | e.cooper @ email . com
❖❖ ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT ❖❖
Bringing strong skills in performing secretarial tasks and exceptional proficiency in managing general office operations.
Passionate and extremely motivated individual with 9 years’ track record in administrative roles at different organizations. Proven ability to gather data, compile information, maintain calendars, coordinate meetings, arrange travels and schedule appointments. Recognized for building cross-functional relationships between departments.
• Able to work independently as well as a part of team
• Actively liaises between company and other agencies
• Friendly and self-motivated; efficiently answers phones and greets walk-in customers
• Office equipment using
• MS Office Suite including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook
• MS Project
• Internet and Email including Outlook
Communication and Interpersonal
• Multitasking and work prioritization
• Problem solving
• Outstanding attention to detail
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
• Attained Employee of the Quarter award by providing excellent administrative support services to the marketing department which resulted in $400000 increase in revenue
• Organized administrative forms data effectively, smoothed operations by 30%
ACME INC – Scottsville, VA | May 2010 – Present
• Research each department’s need for support services and provide custom based services accordingly
• Maintain record of filing procedures and inventories
• Manage special events calendar for all departments
• Maintain service contracts for office equipment
• Prepare requests for expenditures and order supplies as needed
• Manage correspondence handling tasks
• Schedule and coordinate meetings and events
ALLIANCE IMAGING – Anchorage, AK | Jul 2007 – May 2010
General Office Clerk
• Greeted customers and guided them appropriately
• Typed, copied and distributed mail and forms
• Entered data into online system
• Filed charts and other records
• Assisted with billing and reporting functions
• Scheduled deliveries and shipments with local carriers
SOME COLLEGE, Fort Collins, CO | 2010
Office Management Training Certificate
Coursework: Front Office Skills ~ Note-taking techniques ~ Legal and ethical issues ~ Spreadsheet ~ Office Technologies ~ Files and Record Management ~ PowerPoint Presentations
COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Scottsville, VA | 2006
Associate’s Degree in General Business