Every administrative assistant resume should contain some mandatory sections such as objective/profile, qualifications, core competencies, skills, experience, and education.
If you have less or no experience in hand, you may replace these sections with honors and awards, extracurricular activities, certifications, professional memberships, languages, and background information.
Based on job requirements and your experiences, you may decide which sections can successfully grab the prospective employer’s interest.
Categorize the contents of your resume by highlighting the most important statements at the beginning of each section. Within each section, write relevant information in reverse chronological order.
Administrative Assistant Resume Sample
42 Langhorne Road, Scottsville, VA 33322
e.cooper @ email . com
❖❖ ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT ❖❖
Bringing strong skills in secretarial tasks and exceptional proficiency in managing general office operations.
Passionate and extremely motivated Administrative Assistant with 11+ years’ successful track record in fast-paced environments. Proven ability to gather data, compile information, maintain calendars, coordinate meetings, arrange travels, and schedule appointments. Recognized for building cross-functional relationships between departments. Able to work independently as well as a part of a team.
• Office equipment using
• MS Office Suite including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook
• MS Project
• Internet and Email including Outlook
• Multitasking and work prioritization
• Outstanding attention to detail
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
• Provided excellent administrative support services to the marketing department that resulted in a $40000 revenue increase per year.
• Reorganized organizational forms data effectively, smoothing operations by 30%.
• Attained ‘Employee of the Year’ award.
ACME INC – Scottsville, VA
May 2018 – Present
• Provided administrative services to 300+ staff members and 5+ executives.
• Research each department’s need for support services and provide custom based services accordingly.
• Maintain the record of filing procedures and inventories.
• Manage special events calendar for all departments.
• Maintain service contracts for office equipment.
• Prepare requests for expenditures and order supplies as needed.
• Manage correspondence handling tasks.
• Schedule and coordinate meetings and events.
ALLIANCE IMAGING – Anchorage, AK
Jul 2012 – May 2018
• Greeted customers and guided them appropriately.
• Typed, copied, and distributed mail and forms.
• Entered data into an online system.
• Filed charts and other records.
• Assisted with billing and reporting functions.
• Scheduled deliveries and shipments with local carriers.
Office Management Training Certificate
COLLINS TECHNICAL COLLEGE, Fort Collins, CO | 2010
- Front Office Skills
- Note-taking techniques
- Legal and ethical issues
- Office Technologies
- Files and Record Management
- PowerPoint Presentations
Associate’s Degree in Business Administration
COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Scottsville, VA | 2006
“I am a friendly and self-motivated individual who is known for providing exceptional customer service.”