Administrative assistants are very important in any organization.
They are jacks of all trades, and masters of many. Their work involves ensuring that the clerical and administrative ends of the company are properly handled.
In order to apply for an administrative assistant position, you must write a solid resume.
The content of your resume should be organized and logical. It has to focus on your ability to handle key clerical tasks such as filing and report generation.
Every administrative assistant resume should contain some mandatory sections such as objective/summary statement, qualifications, core competencies, skills, experience, and education.
Based on job requirements and your experiences, you may decide which sections can successfully grab the prospective employer’s interest.
Categorize the contents of your resume by highlighting the most important statements at the beginning of each section. Within each section, write relevant information in reverse chronological order.
View the best 5 administrative assistant resume examples provided below to get ideas on how to write an attractive resume.
Administrative Assistant Resume Sample 1
Relevant Experience: 17+ Years
Years in Workforce: 27
Education: AS Degree in Business Administration
lornaholl @ email . com
568 25th Road, Aldrich, MO 98745
Recognized for solving problems and getting work done.
Exceptional sense of urgency.
Self-motivated and adaptable administrative support professional with 17+ years of experience in performing clerical and secretarial tasks within busy office settings. First-hand experience in taking minutes of meetings, developing and maintaining electronic filing systems, producing correspondence, reconciling expense reports to providing support to accounting systems. A team player who effectively deals with office politics, and works productively and cooperatively with others to achieve results.
Time Warner Co, Aldrich, MO
2016 – Present
- Initiated a modern filing system which increased information retrieval time by 85%
- Arrange for a local travel agent to handle travel details for 15 staff members for an official trip, reducing the cost by $15000 as compared to the last trip
- Order and maintain an inventory of office supplies and ensure that the inventory system is in correct working order
- Respond to inquiries over the telephone and in-person and ensure that any escalated matters are communicated to the management immediately
- Maintain routine filing and records management systems by ensuring integrity and confidentiality of data
- Receive, sort, and distribute incoming mail and assist in developing correspondence such as letters, emails, and memos
- Compile and enter data for charts, graphs, and reports as instructed by executives
Abaco Systems, Atlanta, GA
2006 – 2016
- Entered 2500 customer records within an 8-hour shift by employing exceptional data entry skills
- Introduced an electronic inventory system which significantly reduced the time it took to manage office supplies through a manual system
- Prepared monthly progress reports
- Updated and maintained office calendar of appointments and meetings
- Provided assistant with marketing, accounting, and promotional campaigns for special projects
- Assisted auditors in processing applications and delving into accounts and records
- Handled customer complaints by ensuring that they were satisfied with the resolution managed within company protocol parameters
STAPLES, Aldrich, MO
2003 – 2006
- Collected and verified information and ensured that it was accurately punched into database systems
- Took minutes of meetings and compiled data timely
- Operated office machinery to perform scanning, printing, and photocopying tasks
- Responded to queries on the telephone and in-person by keeping within the parameters of company protocol
- Ensured that sufficient office supplies were maintained by keeping an eye on inventory systems
Grocery Store Clerk | 1998 – 2000
Babysitter | 1994 – 1996
Associate of Science in Business Administration
Penn Foster College, Aldrich, MO
CORE ADMINISTRATIVE COMPETENCIES
Correspondence Handling | Switchboard Management
Inventory Control | Appointments Scheduling
Travel Arrangement | Communication
Professional Attitude | Confidentiality
Time management | Bookkeeping
Record-Keeping |Customer Service
• Management Information System
• MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• CRM Software
• Typing Speed: 55 Words per minute with an accuracy
Office Management Training
Short Courses in Customer Service
Member: American Association of Administrative Professionals
Administrative Assistant Resume Sample 2
Experience: 13 Years
Education: Office Management Training
Years in Workforce: 18
42 Langhorne Road, Scottsville, VA 33322
e.cooper @ email . com
Bringing strong skills in secretarial tasks and exceptional proficiency in managing general office operations.
Passionate and extremely motivated Administrative Assistant with 13 years’ successful track record in fast-paced environments. Proven ability to gather data, compile information, maintain calendars, coordinate meetings, arrange travels, and schedule appointments. Recognized for building cross-functional relationships between departments. Able to work independently as well as as a part of a team.
CORE PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
• Office equipment using
• MS Office Suite including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook
• MS Project
• Internet and Email including Outlook
• Multitasking and work prioritization
• Outstanding attention to detail
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
• Provided excellent administrative support services to the marketing department that resulted in a $40000 revenue increase per year.
• Reorganized organizational forms data effectively, smoothing operations by 30%.
• Attained the ‘Employee of the Year’ award in 2019.
ACME INC – Scottsville, VA
May 2015 – Present
- Provide administrative services to 300+ staff members and 5+ executives.
- Research each department’s need for support services and provide custom based services accordingly.
- Maintain the record of filing procedures and inventories.
- Manage special events calendar for all departments.
- Maintain service contracts for office equipment.
- Prepare requests for expenditures and order supplies as needed.
- Perform correspondence handling tasks.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and events.
ALLIANCE IMAGING – Anchorage, AK
Jul 2007 – May 2015
- Greeted customers and guided them appropriately.
- Typed, copied, and distributed mail and forms.
- Entered data into an online system.
- Filed charts and other records.
- Assisted with billing and reporting functions.
- Scheduled deliveries and shipments with local carriers.
Office Management Training Certificate
ABC Technical College, Fort Collins, CO
- Front Office Skills
- Note-taking techniques
- Legal and ethical issues
- Office Technologies
- Files and Record Management
- PowerPoint Presentations
Associate’s Degree in Business Administration
Community College, Scottsville, VA
“I am a friendly and self-motivated individual who is known for providing exceptional customer service.”
Administrative Assistant Resume Sample 3
Relevant Experience: 10+ Years
Years in Workforce: 13
Education: Associate’s Degree and Certification
321 Warren Lane, Alachua, FL 87003
Equipped to continue excellence in high-level administrative support to multiple departments.
Uniquely qualified Administrative Assistant with 10+ years of hands-on experience in providing efficient administrative support to renowned companies. Known for upholding standards of organization, exercising managerial acumen, and delivering exceptional customer service in busy environments. Excellent talent for preparing budgets, creating databases, and analyzing complex data.
PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Researched and verified missing information about reports, which saved $20,000 of the company’s expense.
- Successfully organized an international conference consisting of 200+ delegates from all around the world.
- Increased customer satisfaction level by 40% through the education of staff in the customer service arena.
- Reduced the manual effort by 50% by introducing a new client database software system.
EDCON, Alachua, FL
7/2017 – Present
- Organize office meetings and conferences
- Manage stay and travel arrangements of executives and delegates
- Maintain the office in a neat clean and organized manner
- Catalog and label all data files and folders
- Assist the different departments in maintaining and retrieving records
- Maintain weekly diary and calendar
- Plan and organize events
- Operate and manage different kinds of office equipment such as photocopier and fax
- Order and maintain office supplies
- Coordinate travel arrangements and hotel bookings
- Create reports, and presentations using the appropriate computer programs
SIMON CONTRACTORS, Alachua, FL
8/2010 – 7/2017
- Handled front desk tasks and answered telephone calls
- Sorted and distributed all correspondence
- Greeted clients and guided them to the appropriate department or person
- Updated information on all clients and vendors in the automated database system
- Scheduled and issued meeting appointments to clients, vendors, and third parties
Business and Organizational Management Certification
ABC College, Alachua, FL
Associate of Arts in Office Management
St. Louis Community College, Alachua, FL
– Meetings Organization – Record Keeping
– Travel Arrangements – Database Management
– Correspondence Handling – Files Maintenance
– Calendar Keeping – Inventory Control
– Documentation – Payroll Processing
– Meeting Minutes – Front Desk Operations
– MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
– Peachtree and Publisher
– Database, Quickbooks
“Organization is the lifeblood of office success. I know all kinds of administrative challenges and their solutions.”
Exemplary professional references available
Administrative Assistant Resume Sample 4
Relevant Experience: 5+ Years
Years in Workforce: 10
Education: Associate’s Degree in Office Management
10 Castle Street, Cranston, RI54221
Administrative Assistant, with 8+ years of solid track record. Unmatched ability to handle office tasks of administrative and clerical nature. Proven ability to provide real-time scheduling support. Exceptionally talented in making travel and accommodation arrangements for executive units. Proficient in using technology such as computers, phone exchange, and office equipment. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
Reports Generation | Filing Systems
Scheduling | Minutes of Meeting Transcription
Vendor Liaison | Conflicts Prevention
Supplies Procurement | Inventory Oversight
Budget Handling | Database Management
Simon Med Imaging, Cranston, RI
July 2017 – Present
- Introduce a unique inventory oversight plan, increasing efficiency by 50%
- Singlehandedly work on filing systems projects to meet deadlines for all modules
- Give training to 30+ individuals in handling the intricacies of clerical and administrative work
- Manage workflow by efficiently assigning tasks to administrative employees
- Perform filing and records management tasks
- Create memos, emails, reports, and other documents upon instruction
- Oversee office supplies and equipment inventory
- Communicate low stock situations to procurement managers
- Assume responsibility for office equipment maintenance and repair
- Respond to requests from information made by employees
- Manage PABX systems, take messages, and route calls
- Establish meaningful relationships with vendors and third-party agencies
ABC Company, Cranston, RI
May 2015 – Jul 2017
- Took and recorded minutes of meetings
- Performed data entry tasks and scanned important documents
- Managed calendars and schedules for employee units
- Performed required follow-up on appointments
- Scheduled and coordinated meetings and travel arrangements
- Directed telephone calls to the right recipients
- Wrote memos and issue mails as per provided instructions
Solutions by Design, Cranston, RI
Jan 2015 – May 2015
- Responded to in-person and telephone queries
- Set up and operated office equipment such as copiers and scanners
- Oversaw office supplies inventory levels
- Directed incoming package and mail
- Performed research work for different projects
Associate’s Degree in Office Management
Cranston Business School, Cranston, RI – 2012
I am a natural problem-solver who is committed to building long-term relationships with clients and coworkers.
Administrative Assistant Resume 2020 Sample 5
Relevant Experience: 2+ Years
Years in Workforce: 2
Education: High School Diploma
5601 Cornell Road, Nashua, NH 89107
Analytical-minded and highly organized administrative professional with over 4 years of progressively responsible experience in maintaining the workflow of office in fast-paced environments. Approachable and friendly, as well as exceptionally helpful.
A special focus on improving the company’s performance by actively handling diverse administrative work. Ability to remain calm during busy hours while maintaining exceptional attention to detail. Excellent communicator who is known to provide superior customer service to internal and external customers.
Inventory Management | Supplier / Vendor Liaison
Travel Arrangements | Cash Handling
Calendar Management | Filing Systems Development
Correspondence Management | Agenda Preparation
Networks Establishment | Expense Reports Reconciliation
Appointments Scheduling | Records Maintenance
Equipment Maintenance | Office Supplies Procurement
Improved the inventory management process by incorporating a dynamic model, which increased efficiency by 50%.
Brought three new suppliers onboard, hence reduced service costs by $5000 per month.
Decreased overheads cost by $8000 per year by introducing alternative energy sources during rush hours.
Introduced a secure recordkeeping system, maintaining the integrity of company data consequently.
Ace Parking Management, Nashua, NH
Aug 2019 – Present
- Actively respond to clients over the telephone and in person.
- Identify problems in the company’s filing and record-keeping systems and recommend solutions for the same.
- Retrieve data from filing systems after verifying the rights of the requester.
- Prepare and develop meeting agendas and assist in creating meeting packs.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming mail.
- Ensure that outgoing mail is delivered to the courier on time.
- Coordinate the maintenance and repair of office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, and scanners.
- Research and assist with the preparation of policy and procedures manuals.
- Pay special attention to the confidentiality of information.
ABC Company, Nashua, NH
Sep 2018 – Aug 2019
- Recorded, compiled, and transcribed minutes of meetings.
- Accurately transcribed and distributed minutes of meetings to staff.
- Scheduled board meetings.
- Made travel and hotel arrangements for executives and staff.
- Operated telephone exchange and relayed messages, as well as providing information to callers.
- Created and implemented schedules of staff members.
WHDL, Nashua, NH
Jan 2018 – Sep 2018
- Handled photocopying, scanning in addition to faxing work.
- Safely and accurately operated office equipment.
- Created as well as maintained electronic and paper filing systems.
- Ensured data integrity together with confidentiality at all times.
High School Diploma
Nashua City School, Nashua, NH
- Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Internet Explorer
- Adobe Pro
- Office equipment: Printers, copiers, fax machines
- Outlook calendars
“I am eager to bring a positive difference to the organization through my presence.”
Recommended: Administrative Assistant Resume No Experience
How to Write a Good Resume for Administrative Assistant Position?
Writing an administrative assistant resume is no big deal if you know what the hiring manager expects. And in order to find out, it is important to do a little bit of research by viewing the administrative assistant job description. The better your research, the more profound your resume will be.
Exclude general and non-relevant information. Resumes work best if they are tailored to suit the employer’s specific needs.
Include a Headline and Summary
Include a headline and administrative assistant summary statement at the very beginning. It gives the employer a glimpse into your abilities and potential. Entry-level candidates may write an administrative assistant objective statement instead of a summary.
Make It Achievements-Oriented
Effective resumes focus on accomplishments and achievements. Mention what you did above and beyond your duties that were beneficial for your employer.
Make Compelling Sections
Once your research is complete, it is important to fill out all the sections of an administrative assistant resume. You cannot leave even one out, as you don’t want to lose out to competitors.
Additional Guidelines to Write a Compelling Administrative Assistant Resume in 2020
- Mention your skills and experiences in keeping with the job description provided by the company.
- Keep the style and format of your resume simple and to the point.
- Write your relevant accomplishments, which will serve as the most compelling evidence of your candidacy.
Mandatory Sections to Include in an Administrative Assistant Resume
The summary is a short but powerful group of statements that grace the beginning of the resume. It ensures that the hiring manager is made familiar with your skills as an administrative assistant. For an administrative assistant position specifically, your focus should be on writing a good administrative assistant resume summary primarily. For example:
“Highly efficient Administrative Assistant with over 6 years of experience in handling office tasks including filing and records maintenance. Demonstrated expertise in providing real-time scheduling support, and screening telephone calls. Increased the overall efficiency of the office by 50% by generating reports, transcribing meeting minutes, and handling inter-departmental communication.”
CORE COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
Next, come to the core competencies and administrative assistant skills section. Here, your emphasis should be on the many hard skills that you offer as an administrative assistant. Specifically, you can highlight the following areas, in the same format:
- PABX Handling
- System Maintenance
- Expense Reconciliation
- Correspondence Management
- Travel Arrangements
ACHIEVEMENTS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
After you have successfully completed the skills section, move on to accomplishments. A couple of statements outlining previous success in an administrative assistant role is sufficient. For Example:
- Reorganized the records management system, making it 80% more safe than it was in the past
- Implemented an expense reconciliation system, as a result, making it 50% more efficient
The professional experience section of your administrative assistant resume is as important as the rest. In it, you get an opportunity to highlight the administrative assistant job description such as:
- Manage telephone exchanges and ensure proper call routing
- Organize and schedule appointments and meetings
- Develop and maintain efficient filing and records management systems
- Handle travel arrangements for executives
The last part of your administrative assistant resume will be the education section. Here, you will need to mention your degree or diploma. You don’t need to write the year of your education.
Administrative Assistant Salary Information
If you are thinking of working as an administrative assistant, you should know its job scope and salary. Here are some facts about this position.
- An entry-level administrative assistant earns approximately $28,000 annually.
- An administrative assistant with some experience earns approximately $37,000 annually.
- Senior administrative assistants can earn up to $45,000 annually.
Even though some companies offer salaries that are a bit higher than these, the majority of administrative assistant salaries range between $28,000 and $45,000. At this level, people working as administrative assistants are only one notch below that of executive assistants. And they are more or less at the same level as customer service representatives.
Administrative Assistant Job Scope
Administrative assistants are in high demand and will continue to be in high demand in 2020 and beyond. This is because the need for clerical and administrative work in any organization is always high.
Hiring managers are constantly looking for organized individuals with excellent communication skills to work in this position. Since this is a position with a great turnover rate, employers need to keep replacing employees who have climbed up the work ladder to another post.
Some of the popular companies hiring administrative assistants include:
- One Medical – Salaries ranging between $14 and $26 per hour
- Wells Fargo – Salaries ranging between $34kan $84k annually
- Pepsi Co – Salaries ranging between $33k and $73k annually
- Robert Half – Salaries ranging between $11 and $27 per hour
- DaVita – Salaried ranging between $12 and $22 per hour
In the coming years, especially post COVID-19, it is expected that the job growth of this position will be very high, resulting in many job openings.
The United States Bureau of Labor Statistics suggests that administrative assistants with some experience and technical skills will have the best chances of acquiring work in this area.
An administrative assistant resume is the most important part of your job application documents. By viewing the 5 above-mentioned resume examples and guidelines, you can build an excellent resume for the administrative assistant job in 2020.