A summary statement on a senior administrative assistant resume does precisely what it states – summarizes the resume.
Usually, a resume summary does not go beyond 4 or 5 sentences, but if you feel that you have a lot to say to make your summary profound, there is really no problem with it.
However, your resume summary must be concrete and informative. Putting in a summary just because it has to be put in is a waste of time and energy, as you will not be able to place information that makes sense to the hiring manager.
What can be written in a resume summary to make it complete and informative? A lot.
There is so much information that you can write in a summary statement which will make you evident as a perfect individual to hire. Remember that the purpose of a resume summary is to make sure that the reader does not stop there – and keeps reading the resume to get a better view of what the candidate is capable of.
In essence, it is like a teaser to compel the employer to watch the entire film!
Since a resume summary is an amalgamation of many things, you have pretty much a free hand in what you must write. All you have to do is stick to information that matters.
Here are some examples:
• Highly organized Senior Administrative Assistant with over 12 years of hands-on experience in providing administrative and clerical support in a high-volume office environment. Exceptionally proficient in managing the day to day scheduling and calendar management duties, with a special focus on timely follow-up. Works efficiently with all levels of management and line staff.
• Top-performing Senior Administrative Assistant with 7+ years’ verifiable track record of success handling correspondence, creating and managing filing systems, providing clerical and administrative support to all departments, and scheduling appointments and meeting. Adept at reviewing and analyzing project deliverables and validating appropriate assumptions and desired results. Customer-focused approach with the ability to resolve complex clerical problems timely and efficiently.
• Dependable and competent administrative professional with vast experience in supporting senior managers’ daily administrative tasks. Effectively able to develop and maintain core filing systems, with a special focus on working within company limitations.
• Experienced and progressive individual, known for expertise in building and handling administrative functions effectively. Demonstrated ability to produce information by transcribing, formatting, inputting and retrieving text, data, and graphics, to assist the management in making informed decisions.
• Diligent Senior Administrative Assistant with 10 years of exposure to providing high-level administrative support to assigned executives and managers. First-hand exposure to directing the preparation of legal documents and filing them to appropriate government agencies, in a bid to conform to statutes.