An ideal resume for the School Administrative Assistant position should be visually pleasing. That is because the recruiter determines quickly whether the whole document is worth a read or not.
How to Write a Great School Administrative Assistant Resume?
- Keep your resume short and to the point.
- Keep the layout simple – avoid fancy format.
- Always mention your professional experience in reverse chronological order.
- Use action verbs and keywords.
- Use sentence fragments in bullets.
School Administrative Assistant Resume Example
326 Vital Sq, Austin, TX 78031
SCHOOL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Secretarial Support | Admission Filing | Discipline Management
Highly dependable and accomplished administrative professional bringing 10+ years of successful experience in school administration. Exceptional ability to build relationships with visitors, parents, and students from diverse cultural backgrounds. Customer-focused approach with a high degree of flexibility. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS / ACHIEVEMENTS
• Reduced the monthly office expenses by 20% by utilizing effective recycling strategies.
• Carried out logistic planning for a series of field trips involving venues like museums, parks, and factories.
• Independently arranged and managed classroom coverage for absent teachers during the first two months of hiring when four teachers were on long leave.
• Identified and handled a serious disciplinary breach professionally and assisted in the child’s counseling in collaboration with the school counselor and parents of the child.
• Activity Scheduling
• Discipline Maintenance
• Payroll Management
• Grade Reporting
• File Maintenance
• Front Desk
• Events Management
• Reports Generation
• Files Maintenance
• Budget Monitoring
School Administrative Assistant
Union High School, Austin, TX
June 2010 – Present
• Coordinate, organize, and perform daily school administrative and clerical functions
• Prepare, maintain, and update student records in attendance, discipline, and grades
• Relieve the principle of administrative details and correspondence handling tasks
Maimonides School, Austin, TX
March 2008 – May 2010
• Assisted the administrative staff members in timely activity completion
• Handled front desk reception and correspondence as and when needed
• Replenished office supplies timely
• Received, distributed, and relayed communications
Associate of Science in Management
COLLEGE OF TEXAS, Austin, TX – 2008
• Microsoft Office tools
• Web-based applications
• Typing Speed: 50 WPM