An ideal resume for School Administrative Assistant position should be visually pleasing. It has to be – since the average time a resume gets is less than half a minute in which the recruiter determines whether the whole document is worth a read or not.
School Administrative Assistant Resume Tips
• Keep your resume short and to the point
• State what you did instead of what you were supposed to do in your previous roles
• Keep the layout simple and avoid fancy format
• Always mention your professional experience in reverse chronological order, the latest job being on top
• Use strong action words and key terms where possible
• Use sentence fragments in bullets
|326 Vital Sq ● Austin, TX 78031
(008) 555-3333 ● crystal @ email . com
SCHOOL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Secretarial Support • Admission Filing • Discipline Management
Highly dependable and accomplished administrative professional bringing with 5+ years’ experience in school administrative assistance. Exceptional ability to build relationship with visitors, parents and students from diverse cultural backgrounds. Customer focused approach with a high degree of flexibility. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
|● Activity Scheduling||● Discipline Maintenance||● Payroll Management|
|● Grade Reporting||● File Maintenance||● Front Desk|
|● Events Management||● Reports Generation||● Files Maintenance|
|● Budget Monitoring||● Behavior Reporting||● Scheduling Appointments|
• Reduced monthly office expenses by 30% by utilizing effective recycling strategies.
• Carried out logistic planning for a series of field trips involving venues like museums, parks and factories.
• Independently arranged and managed classroom coverage for absent teachers during the first two months of hiring when 4 teachers were on long leave.
• Identified and handled a serious disciplinary breach professionally and assisted in the child’s counseling in collaboration with the school counselor and parents of the child.
June 2010 – Present
School Administrative Assistant | Union High School District, Austin, TX
• Coordinate, organize and perform daily school administrative and clerical functions
• Prepare, maintain and update student records in attendance, discipline and grades
• Relieve the principal of administrative details and correspondence handling tasks
March 2008 – May 2010
Office Assistant | Maimonides School, Austin, TX
• Assisted the administrative staff members in timely activity completion
• Handled front desk reception and correspondence as and when needed
• Replenished office supplies timely
• Received, distributed and relayed communications
COLLEGE OF TEXAS, Austin, TX, 2008
Associate of Science in Management
• Microsoft Office tools
• Web-based applications
• Typing Speed: 50 WPM
Last updated on