Working as a school administrative assistant requires excellent clerical skills and customer service abilities. Therefore, you have to highlight your best skills and abilities in a cover letter to increase the chances of an interview.
It is important to understand that your school administrative assistant cover letter is a great tool to convince the employer that no one is better than you.
In your cover letter for a school administrative assistant resume, you should:
- Highlight your ability to handle a wide variety of administrative tasks.
- Mention skills in managing filing systems, answering questions of students and parents, and scheduling meetings
- Emphasize your communication and customer service skills
School Administrative Assistant Cover Letter Example
August 11, 2020
Ms. Hailey Baldwin
St. Paul’s Elementary School
100 Renton Road
Green Bay, WI 27947
Dear Ms. Baldwin:
I’m writing to apply for a School Administrative Assistant job at St. Paul’s Elementary School. Utilizing my office management diploma and 3 years of successful track record, I would be able to contribute significantly.
Over the 4 years that I have worked in this role, I have performed many duties and learned a lot. One of my main skills is the ability to handle many clerical tasks simultaneously. Creating and maintaining students’ files and records is the other.
Specifically, I am well-versed in:
- Answering telephone calls using exceptional communication skill
- Managing the flow of students
- Entering data into the online student information system
- Generating reports;
- Assisting teachers and staff with a wide variety of daily responsibilities
Besides that, I am proficient with Microsoft Office tools and web-based applications. My attention to detail, a high degree of flexibility, and a positive attitude are the most compelling evidence of my candidacy. Not to mention, I enjoy not only working individually but also within a team to accomplish projects and tasks.
Given these points, I’d like to speak further about how I can contribute to your organization. Should you need any additional information, please feel free to call me at (000) 512-9652. Thank you for your time and consideration.