Resume writing is hardly something you can get out of. In fact, this is the primary document that you use to apply for a medical administrative assistant job. Therefore, you need to be able to create a resume that is both impressive and informative.
In order to make it eye-grabbing, you have to make your resume simple with sufficient white space.
The following sample will guide you in this regard.
Medical Administrative Assistant Resume Sample
71 Ladyfinger Avenue, Front Royal, VA 82938
tonystark @ email . com
MEDICAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Qualified, methodical, and resourceful
Over 6 years of experience in coordinating efforts to ensure the operational smoothness of a busy medical facility. Highly competent in performing both administrative and backend medical support tasks. Ability to create and maintain effective liaisons with suppliers to ensure timely and accurate delivery of medical supplies and equipment. Effectively handle reception, insurance, and medical transcription work.
✓ Intake Handling ✓ Insurance Liaison
✓ Vendor Relations ✓ Data Entry
✓ Medical Transcription ✓ Equipment Maintenance
✓ Emergency Management ✓ Medical Terminology
✓ Patient Scheduling ✓ Follow-up
✓ Charts Maintenance ✓ Bookkeeping Support
✓ Triage Phone Calls ✓ Billing and Coding
✓ Calendar Management
• Revamped the existing patient information filing system, making it 55% more efficient than earlier.
• Singlehandedly punched in 4500 records into the system, in the absence of 2 data entry clerks.
• Introduced an online patient scheduling system, which resulted in increased efficiency of patient inflow.
• Implemented a unique patient intake procedure, which took less than 15 minutes to complete, replacing an older one that took a minimum of 35 minutes.
Medical Administrative Assistant
Delta Care, Front Royal, VA
3/2021 – Present
• Greet patients and their families as they arrive at the facility and inquire about their appointment status
• Check scheduled appointments and perform patient intake and registration duties
• Schedule new appointments over the telephone, in person, and through email and follow up with existing patients
• Review and validate health cards and insurance information, obtaining coverage information
• Create a priority list for patients based on appointment statuses and emergency situations
• Gather information for patient charts and ensure that all patient records are kept current
• Contact insurance companies to acquire information on patient coverage and to process claims
• Coordinate efforts with procurement officers to ensure timely and accurate delivery of medical supplies and equipment
Front Desk Representative
Pinnacle Care, Front Royal, VA
2/2016 – 3/2021
• Welcomed patients as they arrived at the front desk and provided them with information on the medical facility’s services
• Checked appointment books to validate timings and informed patients about their wait times
• Ascertained that the inflow of patients was properly managed by prioritizing appointments
• Coordinated efforts with the procurement team to ensure that office supplies were timely obtained
• Oversaw the cleanliness and maintenance of the waiting and reception areas on a daily basis
High School Diploma
Front Royal High School, Front Royal, VA | 2005
• CME tracking
• MS Word and Excel Database
“I efficiently interact with physicians, families, patients, and providers in fast-paced and high-stress environments.”