Do not underestimate the importance of a good cover letter as it is your first written communication to a prospective employer.
A cover letter for administrative assistant position contains information about your relevant skills, experiences and potential. A well-formatted cover letter distinguishes you from other applicants by enticing the hiring manager to read your enclosed resume and consider your job application. It is an excellent opportunity to move your application on the top of the pile.
• Indicate clearly that you are interested in working for a specific organization as an Administrative Assistant.
• Mention the source and reference number of job if possible.
• Explain what kind of skills and abilities you would bring to the prospective company.
• Customize your letter perfectly as per needs of prospective employer.
• Opening sentence of your letter should be eye-grabbing as hiring managers scrutinize several applications rapidly.
• Length must not exceed one page containing three to four paragraphs.
• Leave sufficient space between paragraphs.
• Write simple words and short sentences to make it reader friendly.
• Use the same font and paper both for cover letter and resume.
• Check for typos and grammatical errors before sending.
Take a look at the following samples to make a perfect cover letter for administrative assistant resume.
Administrative Assistant Cover Letter Sample 1
65 Example South Street, Los Angeles, CA 96541
(000) 584-8545 | sara @ email . com
April 26, 2017
Ms. Anna Doe
Human Resources Manager
Star Shipping Corporation
88 Albert Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 93147
Re: Administrative Assistant Position (Ref # 321)
Dear Ms. Doe:
Clerical expertise, problem solving and attention to detail. These are few of many attributes that I have developed working in different administrative capacities for over 7 years. Utilizing my talents and track record, I would be able to deliver exceptional administrative support to your office.
I am the best fit for this position owing to the following qualifications:
• Documented success in typing and distributing correspondence, maintaining office files, taking minutes of meetings, managing repair and maintenance tasks, and making travel arrangements.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain records and files in a confidential and timely manner.
• Effective skills in greeting and helping visitors, responding to phones and directing calls appropriately.
I am known to solve complex problems and disputes. My exceptional communication skills and calm nature enables me to handle irate clients effectively.
An interview to further explore your needs and my talents would be of great mutual interest. To follow-up and possibly arrange a meeting date and time, I will call your office after 5 days. In the interim, you can contact me at (000) 145-3233 or via email at sara @ email . com.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you.
Enc. Resume and Reference Letter
Administrative Assistant Cover Letter Sample 2
58 North York Street
Detroit, MI 54211
April 26, 2017
Mr. Henry Dermot
Manager Human Resources
12 Fullerton Avenue
Detroit, MI 63939
Dear Mr. Dermot:
As an accomplished administrative professional with a 9-plus-year track record, I believe that I posses the right expertise and skill-set that Benchmark Inc is currently seeking.
I am accustomed to a multicultural environment where hard work is the norm. I enjoy taking new challenges every day. As an active problem-solver and an extremely organized individual, I successfully handled telephone calls, managed calendars, made travel arrangements, took minutes of meetings and performed record-keeping duties.
At my previous workplace, I have been branded as a “master of many tasks” owing to my ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously without compromising on the quality of work. Since I possess a friendly personality, working in a team environment is easy for me. My positive attitude overcome any detrimental waves that come in the way of my accomplishments.
Please review the attached resume and contact me if you need further information. Thank you for your time and consideration and I look forward to meeting with you in person.