Do not underestimate the importance of an excellent administrative assistant cover letter as it is your primary communication with the prospective employer.
An administrative assistant cover letter contains information of your relevant skills, experiences, and potential.
A well-formatted cover letter distinguishes you by enticing the hiring manager to read your enclosed resume and consider your job application.
In fact, it is an excellent opportunity for you to move your application to the top of the pile.
Administrative Assistant Cover Letter Writing Tips
• Indicate that you are interested in working for a specific organization.
• Mention the source and reference number of the job, if possible.
• Show how your skills and abilities will help you to contribute to the prospective company.
• Customize your letter in keeping with the needs of the potential employer.
• The opening sentence of your cover letter must be eye-grabbing.
• Length of your cover letter must be one page; containing three to four paragraphs.
• Leave sufficient white space between paragraphs.
• Write simple words and short sentences; make it reader-friendly.
• Double check for typos and grammatical errors before sending.
Take a look at the following samples to craft a perfect cover letter for administrative assistant resume.
Administrative Assistant Cover Letter Sample 1
65 Lakewood Street, Los Angeles, CA 96541
(000) 584-8545 | [Email]
March 11, 2018
Ms. Anna Doe
Human Resources Manager
Star Shipping Corporation
88 Albert Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 93147
Re: Administrative Assistant Position (Ref # 3221)
Dear Ms. Doe:
Clerical expertise, problem-solving and great attention to detail. These are few of the many attributes that I have developed through my hands-on experiences in different clerical and secretarial capacities for over seven years. Utilizing my talents and a successful track record in the clerical arena, I would be able to contribute to the success of your team in the role of an Administrative Assistant.
I am the best fit for this position because of my following qualifications:
• Documented success in typing and distributing correspondence, maintaining office files, taking minutes of meetings, managing repair, and maintenance tasks, and making travel arrangements.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain the confidentiality of information, records, and files.
• Actively greets and helps visitors, and takes and directs phone calls appropriately.
I am best known for resolving complex problems and disputes. My exceptional communication skills and calm nature enables me to handle stressful situations and irate clients efficiently.
The attached resume details an extensive listing of my skills and abilities. I would welcome the chance to meet with you for an interview and discuss my talents in relation to the expectations from your next Administrative Assistant.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you.
Administrative Assistant Cover Letter Sample 2
58 North York Street
Detroit, MI 54211
March 11, 2018
Mr. Henry Dermot
Manager Human Resources
12 Fullerton Avenue
Detroit, MI 63939
Dear Mr. Dermot:
I am writing to express my interest in the Administrative Assistant position, posted on your website. As an accomplished administrative professional with a 9-plus-year track record, I believe that I possess the right expertise and skill-set that your company is seeking.
I am accustomed to a multicultural environment where hard work is the norm. I enjoy taking new challenges every day. As an active problem-solver and an extremely organized individual, I successfully handled telephone calls, managed calendars, made travel arrangements, took minutes of meetings and performed record-keeping duties.
At my previous workplace, I had been recognized as a real multitasker. Since I possess a friendly attitude, working in a team environment will be easy for me. My positive approach overcomes any detrimental waves that come in the way of my accomplishments.
Please review the attached resume and contact me if you need further information. Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to meeting with you in person.
Last updated on