An administrative assistant cover letter is your personal introduction to the prospective employer.
It outlines your interest in the administrative assistant position, as well as the organization while expressing why you are qualified for the position.
While an administrative assistant resume lists your relevant experiences and qualifications, your cover letter expresses your potential and how you can use your skills to contribute to their goals.
Administrative Assistant Cover Letter Tips
• Indicate the source and reference number of the job, if possible.
• Show your interest in working for a specific organization.
• Mention how your achievements as an administrative assistant, as well as skills and abilities that will help you contribute.
• Specifically, customize your letter in accordance with the needs of the employer.
• The opening sentence of your cover letter must be eye-grabbing.
• Equally important is the length of your cover letter, which must be not more than one page.
• Write simple words and short sentences in order to make it reader-friendly.
• Above all, double check for typos and grammatical errors before sending.
Take a look at the following samples in order to craft a perfect cover letter for administrative assistant resume.
Administrative Assistant Cover Letter Sample 1
65 Lakewood Street, Los Angeles, CA 96541
(000) 584-8545 | [Email]
May 3, 2019
Ms. Anna Doe
Human Resources Manager
Star Shipping Corporation
88 Albert Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 93147
Re: Administrative Assistant Position (Ref # 3221)
Dear Ms. Doe:
Your recent posting for an Administrative Assistant perfectly fits my qualifications and experiences, therefore, I am sending my resume as a strong expression of interest in this position. Utilizing my talents and a successful track record in the administrative arena, I’ll be able to contribute to your team.
Through my hands-on administrative experiences, I developed exceptional clerical expertise and problem-solving skills, as well as great attention to detail.
Specifically, I am the best fit for the Administrative Assistant position owing to my following skills:
- Typing and distributing correspondence
- Maintaining office files
- Taking and recording minutes of meetings
- Managing repair/maintenance tasks
- Making travel arrangements
- Greeting and helping visitors
- Taking and forwarding phone calls
Furthermore, I have a demonstrated ability to maintain the confidentiality of information. I am recognized for explicitly resolving complex problems and disputes. My exceptional communication skills coupled with a calm nature helped me to handle stressful situations as well as irate clients.
The attached resume details an extensive listing of my talents and abilities. I would welcome the chance to meet with you in an interview so as to discuss my skills in relation to your expectations. In order to set up an interview date and answer your questions, I will call you next week.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Administrative Assistant Cover Letter Sample 2
58 North York Street
Detroit, MI 54211
May 3, 2019
Mr. Henry Dermot
Manager Human Resources
12 Fullerton Avenue
Detroit, MI 63939
Dear Mr. Dermot:
Your posting for an Administrative Assistant on indeed.com indicated requirements that match my background and qualifications. As an accomplished administrative professional with a 9-plus-year track record, I believe that I possess the right skill set that your company is seeking.
As can be seen on the attached resume, I have extensive experience working in busy office environments. In essence, I am an expert in the following tasks:
- Answering telephone calls
- Managing calendars
- Arranging travels
- Taking minutes of meetings
- Performing record-keeping duties
At my previous workplace, I had been recognized as a multitasker. My positive approach helped me to create a fun and friendly environment that resolved the disputes between coworkers.
As an active problem-solver and an extremely organized individual, I perform all tasks diligently and perfectly. In fact, I enjoy taking new challenges every day.
The attached resume contains the results I have achieved in challenging office situations. I would welcome an opportunity to meet with you in order to discuss my candidacy in further detail. Please feel free to contact me at (000) 525-3296.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Never underestimate the importance of an excellent administrative assistant cover letter. This is because it is your primary communication with the prospective employer.
A well-formatted cover letter distinguishes you by enticing the hiring manager to read the attached resume and call you in an interview subsequently.
In fact, it is an excellent opportunity for you to move your application to the top of the pile.
- Administrative Assistant Skills Resume
- Sample Administrative Assistant Job Inquiry Email
- Administrative Assistant Jobs
- Entry Level Administrative Assistant Cover Letter