An administrative assistant plays a crucial role in managing the operations of an office. S/he is responsible for a variety of tasks that ranges from regular clerical work to complicated administrative procedures.
In order to apply for an entry-level administrative assistant position, you will need to write a cover letter containing information about your skills, knowledge, and passion.
If written with care, your cover letter will persuade the recruiter to read your attached resume, and consequently, invite you to an administrative assistant interview.
The following cover letter samples will provide your candidacy with solid support. Feel free to tailor these examples as per your requirements.
How to Write a Great Cover Letter for Administrative Assistant with No Experience?
- Highlight your most relevant administrative skills and knowledge, especially when you have little or no prior experience in hand.
- As employers don’t have much time to read each cover letter in detail, so keep it simple, short, and to-the-point.
- If you have some honorary, internship, or part-time work experience, briefly write it.
- Show your passion for meeting and exceeding the expectations of the employer.
Cover Letter for Administrative Assistant With No Experience Sample 1
63 5th Street, Dallas, TX 65223
September 15, 2020
Ms. Monica Anderson
Valencia Federal Credit Union
32 Some Street
Dallas, TX 65521
Dear Ms. Anderson:
This letter and the attached resume is a keen expression of interest in the Administrative Assistant position at Valencia Federal Credit Union, as advertised in the Daily Times. My diploma in Office Administration coupled with six months of internship experience has prepared me well for this role. Owing to my exceptional clerical and customer service skills, I will be able to surpass your expectations.
As can be seen in the attached resume, my following attributes uniquely qualify me for this position:
- Well-versed in performing clerical functions such as reception, filing, mail management, typing, scheduling, travel arrangement, and calendars management.
- Skilled in using a variety of office software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and QuickBooks.
- Strong ability to take and follow instructions and perform the assigned tasks quickly.
- Able to learn new tasks and computer applications with confidence and easiness.
- Perfect attention to detail, with a proven ability to work independently as well as a part of a team.
Attached is my resume for your review. I look forward to meeting with you to discuss this further. With the intention to arrange a mutually convenient interview date and time, I will email you after a few days.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Entry Level Administrative Assistant Cover Letter Sample 2
September 15, 2020
Ms. Abril Brown
Senior Manager (Human Resources)
125 Some Street, San Diego, CA
Dear Ms. Brown:
As a high-energy fresh graduate with an excellent educational record, I am very passionate about utilizing my administrative and clerical acumen to manage the operations of your office. Having extensively researched your company values and products, I am particularly interested in pursuing a long-term career with your company.
As can be seen in the attached resume, I possess many strengths and attributes that uniquely qualify me for an administrative assistant position at HOA Technology. Some of which include:
- In-depth knowledge of routine administrative procedures and clerical tasks
- Demonstrated ability to proactively and professionally greet customers
- Able to manage a multi-line phone system, answer phone calls, and transfer calls to the appropriate person
- Microsoft Office Applications, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Quick-books
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Profound customer service abilities
During my studies at Concordia University, I put my theoretical concepts into practice in many ways. Most prominently, I worked as an administrative intern at the university, where I successfully polished my skills in performing basic administrative and secretarial tasks.
Not to mention, I possess a positive attitude and the professionalism necessary to grow in a fast-paced environment.
I am excited about utilizing my potential to contribute to HOA Technology’s success. I will call you after one week to follow-up and answer your questions. In the meantime, please feel free to call me at (000) 987-1113 or via email at [email protected]
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Enc. Resume and Recommendation Letter
Your cover letter is your first and last chance to impress the employer. Therefore, you have to put some extra effort to make it attractive.