Go through a dozen resumes for accounts payable positions and you will see that there isn’t much difference in what the formats look like.
Accounts Payable Resume Formats are usually quite universal.
However, the difference is evident in the information that each resume holds – and how it is placed.
When a hiring manager looks through a resume, they want to see the Accounts Payable skills and Accounts Payable accomplishments of a candidate that will be useful to them.
And if you have been conscientious enough to make that information obvious, you have successfully followed the “100 rules of resume writing”!
This is what your resume should look like the following sample in terms of format and information:
See also: Accounts Payable Cover Letter
Accounts Payable Resume Sample
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK
A results-oriented and well-organized individual with extensive experience in handling accounts payable work in a large firm. Adept at performing day to day processing of accounts payable transactions to ensure that finances are maintained in an effective manner.
• Expert in charging expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing expense reports.
• Hands-on experience in maintaining accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
• Qualified to handle microfilming and filing duties to maintain historical records.
• Known for resolving accounts payable issues and discrepancies to ensure smooth accounting procedures.
|• Payment Approvals||• Payroll Management||• Accounts Analysis|
|• Reporting||• Audit Support||• Discrepancy Management|
|• Reconciliation||• Invoicing||• Petty Cash Management|
|• Payment Processing||• Contractual Compliance||• Data Entry|
ESTES EXPRESS LINES, Homewood, IL (5/2006 to Present)
Accounts Payable Clerk
• Charge expenses to accounts by analyzing invoices and expense reports.
• Receive and verify invoices and requisitions for goods and services.
• Ensure that requisitions comply with financial protocols.
• Prepare invoice batches and enter information from each invoice into the system.
• Prepare checks and ensure that designated signatory signs them.
• Distribute signed checks and prepare garnishment checks according to payroll reports.
• Maintain accounts payable reports and spreadsheets.
• Prepare analysis of accounts and perform filing and record-keeping duties.
• Handle periodic closings and ensure that all entries are accounted for.
• Provide support in performing auditing procedures and ensure that any discrepancies are promptly resolved.
• Ascertain that all vendors and suppliers are paid off on time.
• Monitor accounts to ensure that payments are updated properly.
• Increased the efficiency of data entry procedures by 60% by suggesting that professional data entry professional is hired for posting entries.
• Decreased payment processing time by 50% by employing “real time” processing techniques.
• Streamlined the accounts payable procedure by ensuring designation of work duties to appropriate accounting personnel.
• Reduced chances of discrepancies by implementing a “check thrice” system.
MAVERIK, Homewood, IL (1/2005 to 5/2006)
• Received and verified invoices for goods and services.
• Ensured that checks were properly filled out and timely signed.
• Handled purchase orders and payment discrepancies by delving into the issue.
• Verified expense reports and audited the reports to ensure compliance with accounting principles.
• Reconciled vendor statements and responded to vendors’ inquiries.
ILLINOIS STATE UNIVERSITY, Homewood, IL – 2009
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting