The first thing that a hiring manager will see in an accounts payable specialist’s resume is the format.
If it is reader-friendly, he or she will keep reading it. But if it lacks respect for white space, and is too closely written together, we might have a problem.
Apart from the format, the content of the resume matters too. When writing one for an accounts payable specialist position, focus on what you have to offer to the hiring manager.
Precisely, it should contain skills, competencies, accomplishments, education, and work experience related to accounts payable work.
Sample accounts payable specialist resume ahead!
See also: Accounts Payable Specialist Cover Letter
Accounts Payable Specialist Resume Sample
193 Fork Road, Fredrick, MD50123
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST
Accounts Payable Specialist, with 9+ years of extensive work experience in ensuring on-time delivery of payments. Demonstrated expertise in monitoring vendor payment agreements, and sales tax management. Highly skilled in keeping track of credits, and reconciling payable reports to ensure accuracy of paid amounts.
• Successfully implemented a unique financial information filing system, as a result, increased system efficiency by 50%.
• Introduced an invoice verification system, therefore, decreased verification time by 35%.
• Devised an account analysis plan, hence, reduced data discrepancy by 50%.
• Established meaningful liaison with bank personnel, consequently, improving professional ties.
– Expense Verification
– Accounts Payable
– Data Updates
– Vendor Payments Management
– Auditing Financial Information
– Invoice Verification
– Expense Tracking
– Financial Reporting
– Discrepancy Management
Accounts Payable Specialist
Sage Hospitality, Fredrick, MD | 2015-present
• Review internal and external accounts to determine vendor payments.
• Process vendor payments in a quick and efficient manner.
• Check invoices for appropriate use tax calculations for state reporting.
• Process employee expense reports.
• Ensure that receipts match and are accounted for.
• Review invoices for proper authorization, and ensure that supporting documents are prepared.
• Maintain paid invoices files and records.
• Input key financial information such as purchase orders and prepaid expenses.
• Process weekly and monthly accounts payable reports.
• Assist with supplier onboarding and general accounting tasks.
Accounts Payable Clerk
AB Construction Company, Fredrick, MD | 2011-2015
• Reconciled processed work by verifying accounts payable daily entries.
• Charged expenses to accounts and cost centers.
• Analyzed invoices and expense reports.
• Paid vendors by monitoring discount opportunities.
• Received and verified expense reports and requests.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
Fredrick Accountancy School, Fredrick, MD – 2010