Skills as an accounts payable specialist will bring you many steps closer to your goals – that is, the job that you are looking for.
In the skills statements, it is imperative to highlight that you know accounts payable work, including handling vendor payments and managing bank reconciliations.
The good news is that modern resume formats have an entire section dedicated to skills. In this section, you can emphasize your skills, not just ones related to accounting work, but also personal ones.
The hiring manager can determine what you have to offer in sync with what he or she needs.
The good thing about a resume skills section is that it provides hiring managers with exact information on your accounts payable skills.
Specifically, an accounts payable specialist resume skills section will include knowledge of preparing and managing invoices, handling vendor relations, resolving invoice issues, and verifying expense reports to name a few.
A list of sample hard skills accounts payable specialist resume is provided below:
Sample Hard Skills for Accounts Payable Specialist Resume
• Familiar with coding invoices, expense reports, and vouchers.
• Exceptionally talented in preparing and managing invoices on a daily basis.
• Talented in handling vendor correspondence through telephone, email, and in-person.
• Effectively able to maintain petty cash accounts and outgoing payment logs.
• Well-versed in monitoring vendor payment agreements in order to determine discounts.
• Demonstrated expertise in keeping track of owed credits, and ensuring that they are properly applied to vendor payments.
• Proficient in reconciling payable reports in order to confirm accurate amounts.
• Adept at administering and distributing various vouchers and gathering approvals.
• Competent in performing audits on various expense reports.
• Qualified for maintaining lists of accounts payable.
• Exceptionally well-equipped to collect and verify bills and invoices.
• Excellent skills in tracking expenses and processing expense reports.
• Proven ability to monitor account balances and related financial activities.
• Solid track record of entering data into the accounting system software.
• First-hand experience in processing and issuing checks for accounts payable.
• Focused on ensuring exceptional vendor payment services, keeping timelines in mind.
• In-depth knowledge of calculating salaries and taxes, and timely distributing paychecks.
• Hands-on experience in producing periodic financial reports, as they relate to accounts payable.
• Special talent for review invoices and requisitions for satisfactory payment approval.
• Unmatched ability to effectively maintain copies of vouchers and correspondence for filing and record-keeping purposes.
• Knowledge of verifying and calculating extensions and discounts.
• Ability to reconcile bank statements and handle discrepancies according to the protocol.