Accounts payable clerks are responsible for handling company payments. Their work involves receiving invoices and processing payments. They are also expected to deal with employee payments by providing support to the human resource department.
Typically, accounts payable clerks review documentation and provide approval so that payments can be processed.
They also prepare checks and have them signed and distributed. Preparing cleared checks for storing is another duty that accounts payable clerks perform along with assisting with periodic accounts closing activities.
Before you start writing a resume for an accounting payable position, make sure that you understand what the employer requires of you as a potential candidate.
Since you need to convince a prospective employer, you need to put forward your best skills and expertise in handling accounts payable duties.
Accounts Payable Clerk Resume Tips
Most recruiters spend less than 15 seconds reviewing your resume for the Accounts Payable Clerk position. Therefore:
➜ Build your resume in a simple, easily readable, well organized and concise way.
➜ Avoid using readymade templates of Microsoft Word. Templates are difficult to customize, download and consume more time.
➜ Making your resume demonstrates your computer skills, creativeness and ability to take the initiative.
To help you get started, following is a well‐organized resume for an Accounts Payable Clerk job.
Accounts Payable Clerk Resume Example
402 Elele Ct. ♦ Sykesville, MD 92055 ♦ (000) 544-2014 ♦ Email
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK
• Reliable and results-oriented professional with 7+ years’ functional experience in providing financial, administrative and clerical services.
• Adaptable; accustomed to the processing and monitoring of payments and expenditures and organizing payroll system.
• Proven track record of ensuring that finances are accurate and up to date, and staff, vendors and suppliers are paid in a well-timed and suitable manner
• Demonstrated ability to review accuracy in payable invoices, coding invoices with the correct general ledger codes and processing manual and computer generated checks
|AREAS OF EXPERTISE|
|• Receiving and verifying invoices||• General ledger management|
|• Accounts payable listing maintenance||• Salary amount verification|
|• Punching of invoices for payment||• Backup reports preparation|
|• Recording and managing cheques||• Payroll and taxes|
Accounts Payable Clerk
Timber Roots – Sykesville, MD | Aug 2012 – Present
• Restructure accounts payable procedure by incorporating a verification formula to facilitate the process
• Design and implement an accounts payable system that works with available data and organizes it in a dated fashion
• Match purchase orders to invoices
• Identify errors and discrepancies in accounts payable documentation
• Prepare checks and have them signed and distributed
• Charge expenses to accounts
Accounts Payable Clerk
UYT Co – Sykesville, MD | Mar 2007 – Aug 2012
• Introduced a procedure for incorporating accounts payable information into the system thereby ensuring easy posting
• Offered a permanent accounts payable clerk position after working as an intern for only five months
• Disbursed petty cash and calculate sales tax
• Managed compliance of transactions with financial policies
• Prepared manual checks
• Maintained information of all vendor checks in log books
• Maintained lists of accounts payables
• Assisted with preparing monthly reports
Accounts Payable Intern
CNO Financial Group – Chicago, IL | Aug 2006 – Mar 2007
• Assisted with handling accounts payable procedures on a daily basis
• Processed backup reports once after managing data entry activities
• Maintained a list of vendors’ checks and payment modules
• Assisted in maintaining the general ledger
• Distributed periodic financial reports
University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance – 2006
• Accounting Software
• MS Word and Excel
• Internet Search and Social Media