An accounting assistant is responsible for providing support to the accounting manager/director with regards to all accounting procedures in a company.
This may include clerical work such as typing reports and handling client inquiries amongst some more specific accounting tasks.
It must be a truthful and customized document that tells your career history in bullet form.
Keep in mind the recruiter will only spend one minute to scan your resume, therefore, make it plain, short and targeted to the accounting assistant job.
Here is a perfectly customizable resume sample for an accounting assistant’s position.
See also: Accounting Assistant Cover Letter
Accounting Assistant Resume Sample
10 Cedar Bend Street, Waterloo, IA 66649
- Over 3 years of experience working in the accounting field
- Competent at processing various types of accounts payable transactions using preset imaging software
- Hands-on experience in ensuring accurate general ledger posting and responding to vendor queries
- Known for acting as back up to all accounting unit functions
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Proficient in Excel spreadsheets and popular accounting software
- Team oriented
- High attention to detail
- Ability to deal effectively with month end closing deadlines
- Detail oriented
- Exceptional organizations skills
- Reorganized accounting procedures by transiting a manual system into a computerized environment
- Served as Accounts Payable backup
- Performed advanced bookkeeping and administrative duties
- Wrote a paper called Actual Accounting which was published in the Wall Street Magazine in April 2010
Link Solutions – Waterloo, IA | June 2013 – Present
- Review expense reports and cash advances
- Process accounts payable checks and bi-weekly payroll
- Prepare monthly account reconciliation analysis
- Manage electronic funds transfer
- Post and maintain accounting documents in the database
- Ensure invoice payments
Unified – New York, NY | Summer 2012
Accounting Summer Intern
- Assisted with general accounting and month-end closing
- Worked collaboratively with accounts payable/receivable teams
- Reconciled balance sheets
- Reviewed monthly financial statements
- Maintained accounting files
Associate’s Degree in Accounting
New York City College of Accountants, New York, NY – 2008