A resume is an opportunity to show prospective employers that you are the perfect candidate they are looking for the position of Accounting Controller.
Your resume should enlist your relevant qualifications in a manner that is coherent, concise, and sequential.
It should show your most impressive achievements that will catch the employer’s eye instantly.
A resume for an Accounting Controller should contain your relevant skills, qualifications, experience and most impressive achievements you can list in your resume.
This will help in ensuring that you appear as the most viable candidate for the position.
See also: Accounting Controller Job Description
Accounting Controller Resume Sample
143 West Street, Carson City, Illinois 60594
brian123 @ email .com
Visionary financial leader
Results-driven with 7+ years’ experience in financial planning, budget management, streamlining, strategic and financial operations to maximize the profitability of firms. An articulate communicator with the ability to create professional work relations with employees, clients and external connections. A decisive leader with the ability to effectively and coherently act on instinct. Demonstrated computer proficiency in a variety of programs. Proven ability to strengthen productivity, improve financial controls and enhance the financial performance of the firm.
• Financial Statements
• Inventory Management
• Standard Cost Analysis
• Budgeting & Planning
• Internal Controls
• Full-Cycle Accounting
• Process Improvements
• Project Management
• ERP Systems
• System Automation
• Expense Analysis
• Server Administration
- Supervised the operating and approval processes of Accounts Payable which led to the production of 170 checks daily and wire transfers of over $ 1000k.
- Modernized ERP systems in order to incorporate user-friendliness into the system.
- Reinforced approval procedures to better tracking and documentation of activities in purchasing, accounts payable and inventory areas
- Brought a 20% reduction in freight costs negotiated through maintaining quality points.
- Organized processes that support a 40% reduction in a month-end close cycle from 4-5 days.
Steele Associations, Carson City, Illinois | 2/2014 to Present
- Prepare and analyze the automated budget and financial reports systems
- Conduct compliance auditing as per ERP systems
- Setup and monitor internal controls in order to ensure financial activities are regulated and are in accordance with policies
- Handle all tasks of accounts payable and account receivables
- Manage physical inventory procedures and identified layout improvements that led to increase efficiencies and associations with financial registrars
Assistant Account Controller
Emerson Co. Inc., New York | 3/2011 – 12/2013
- Prepared, presented and maintained internal and external financial data
- Researched, evaluated and reported on planning initiative, acquisitions and business investments
- Assisted in forecasting and preparing financial reports with the senior management
- Created relationships with bank representatives and negotiated lines of credit and other services by consolidating accounts and activities
Bachelors of Science in Accounting
Western Governors University, Washington – 2009
• Microsoft Office
• ERP Systems
• Avantis, Agris, and PTS