An accounts payable assistant is an aid to the accounts payable manager or in-charge.
S/he is responsible for completing payments and controls expenses through receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices. They create and maintain the goodwill of their department.
Your resume for an Accounts Payable Assistant Resume lists experiences and areas of expertise which will help you perform this jb efficiently.
Create your Accounts Payable resume and Assistant cover letter using resources available on this website.
Accounts Payable Assistant Resume Example
4321 Main St. | Miami, FL 33126 | (000) 812-2349 | Email
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ASSISTANT
Delivering accounts and finance skills while serving enthusiastically as an Accounts Payable Assistant at ABC Company.
• Over 2 years of practical experience in accounts payable management
• Comprehensive knowledge of GAAP, accounting systems and standards
• Proficient in arithmetic and statistics for accurate accounting calculations and data analysis
• ERP, EDI and Financial System Technologies
• Proven self-starter and without the need to be directed
• Brilliant communication skills with the ability to negotiate and manage vendor relationships
• QuickBooks and MYOB
• MS Office Suite
• Achieved repeat and extended contracts at Omni Vision due to excellent negotiation
• Received a best performing intern of the year award from Team Industrial Services.
• Achieved highest grades in all accounting courses during graduation
7/2013 – 9/2017
Omni Vision Inc. – Nashville, TN
Accounts Payable Assistant
• Maintained general ledger, including journal entry preparation and posting during the month and at the close of the month.
• Prepared reconciliations for bank and balance sheet accounts every month, timely and accurate financial statements.
• Was a part of the ERP starter team.
• Introduced VISA purchase card transactions and worked with the General Ledger Accountant making sure transactions were reviewed.
6/2010 – 7/2013
Team Industrial Services Inc. Alvin, TX
Accounts Payable Assistant
• Assisted managers with accounts payable & receivable, month end reconciliations (like general ledger, bank statements, corp. credits).
• Recorded journal entries.
• Reported sales and profitability as well as carried out a cost-benefit analysis to assist management in better financial performance.
• Worked on ad hoc projects directed by CFO.
Boston University, Boston, MA – 2010
Bachelor of Business Administration
• CGPA 3.45
• Double majors in Accounts & Finance
• Research project with the aid of the US chamber of commerce
Stratford University, Baltimore, MD – 2006
• CGPA 3.00
• Highest Grades in 2 consecutive quarters in all courses
“I bring excellent organizational and time management skills with a strong sense of urgency.”