Measurable, quantifiable data always appeal to hiring managers. And this is also truer where resumes are concerned.
Long resumes for accounting supervisor positions are not the best resumes.
The format and content that you choose should make a quick impact on the reader, as a typical employer will only spend a few seconds going through your resume.
Here is a sample you can use:
Sample Resume for Accounting Supervisor Position
73 Pine Road
Middleton, NH 78954
wanda @ email . com
• Quality-focused accounting supervisor who is acknowledged for talents in inspiring staff to excel and adapt to the demands of meeting challenging day-to-day accounting operations.
• Focused on developing, implementing, and reviewing processes and procedures for accounting directives to ensure that they are at par with the company’s requirements.
• Unmatched ability to meet accounting operational standards by contributing financial information to strategic plans and reviews
7+ years experience in:
• Accomplishing accounting human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, and training accounting professionals
• Maintaining company cash flow by monitoring bank balances and efficiently inventing excessive funds
• Overseeing data flow and efficacy of accounting practices to ensure smooth accounting operations
BAE SYSTEMS, Middleton, NH
July 2014 – Present
• Oversee accounting activities such as calculations, postings, and verifying of information into company databases
• Review general ledger accounts, balance sheets, and income statements and ensure that journal entries are properly adjusted
• Recommend enhancements to general accounting activities so that they comply with both company and state regulations
• Implement processes improvements and ensure that reconciliation efforts are reduced
• Develop and implement accounting practices to ensure smooth accounting operations
• Reconcile bank statements and accounts and handle expenditure tracking reports
• Monitor revenues and expenditures against set budgets to ensure compliance with approved budget allocations
• Approve cash disbursements by carefully verifying check amounts against issued invoices
• Implemented a series of internal audits which reduced accounting discrepancies by 50%.
• Introduced and implemented a financial record-keeping system that increased data pulling efficiency by 20%.
• Reduced the need for financial reconciliation by implementing “every step reconciliation” directives.
• Improved accounting by procedures by suggesting the use of dynamic accounting software such as Peachtree and AccouSave.
BLACK KNIGHT FINANCIAL SERVICES, Middleton, NH
May 2008 – July 2014
• Prepared asset and liability account entries by effectively analyzing account information
• Documented financial transactions and recommended actions for disputed entries
• Summarized current financial status by collecting information, preparing balance sheets and profit and loss statements
• Reconciled financial discrepancies and maintained financial security by completing database backups
• Entered accounting data into the company database and ensured its accuracy by performing cross-checking activities
• Prepared payments by verifying correlating documents and handled petty cash transactions
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
NEW HAMPSHIRE STATE UNIVERSITY, Middleton, NH – 2007
• Benefits Administration
• Process Management
• Budget Development
• Financial Auditing Procedures
• Funds Allocation
• Corporate Financing
• Dataflow Overseeing
• P&L Analysis
• Excel, Word, Outlook
• Accounting Software