Lack of experience should not equal a low-quality resume.
At the entry level, it is even more important to write a good resume to get the attention of the hiring manager and motivate them to call you for an interview.
Even if you have no experience in hand, you can still highlight your skills and qualifications that meet the employer’s requirements while excluding irrelevant information.
How to Write an Interview-Winning Entry Level Resume for an Accounting Clerk Position?
- Make your resume inviting and easy to read.
- Include some of the keywords from the job advertisement.
- Leave enough white space between sections to facilitate skimming.
- Present your strongest qualifications first.
- Keep the length of the resume to one page.
If you have checked them all, you can move on to the 2 sample resumes for the entry-level accounting clerk position below:
Entry Level Accounting Clerk Resume Sample 1
6 Pettit Avenue, Merrick, NY 55663
Results-focused accounting clerk seeking employment at ABC Company. Bringing knowledge of preparing account deposits, handling general ledger postings and statements, maintaining accounting databases, and processing back-ups. Able to verify financial reports by running specialized performance analysis software programs.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
State University, Merrick, NY – 2022
- Principles of Accounting
- Cost Accounting
- Federal Income Tax
- Auditing Theory and Practice
- Business Law
- Business Finance
- Ethics in Accounting
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Determining the value of depreciated assets by performing a dedicated analysis.
- Researching, tracking, and restoring accounting problems and discrepancies.
- Checking, verifying, and processing invoices and sorting and coding accounts payable data.
ABC Company, Merrick, NY
- Compiled and sorted invoiced and ensured that they were accurately entered into the system
- Wrote checks and had them signed by signatories
- Recorded charges and refunds and filed and tallied deposits
- Matched invoices to work orders and processed bills for payments
- Provided accounts database maintenance support
- Performed data entry duties to ensure that all transactions are properly recorded
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- A/P & A/R
- Bank Liaison
- Tax Laws
- Transactions Recording
- Oracle Financials
- MS Excel
- Data Entry
Accounting Clerk No Experience Resume Sample 2
24 Hamilton Ave
Denver, CO 89221
☏ (006) 333-2510
✉ [email protected]
❖❖ ACCOUNTING CLERK ❖❖
I am passionate and driven to excel in a team environment …
Knowledgeable and energetic accounting clerk seeking employment at ABC Company. Eager to utilize my skills in:
- Tax preparation
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of collecting prescribed amounts, making relevant entries, and issuing accurate receipts accordingly.
- Able to adhere to established rules and policies regarding account handling in the company.
- Proficient in operating various accounting-based software and company-specific databases for financial record keeping and credit balancing.
- Particularly useful in tracking and resolving invoice errors.
- Skilled in processing credit and cash transactions, typing, and issuing vouchers and checks.
- Strong knowledge of basic accounting principles and their applications in business.
AS Degree in Accounting
ABC College of Finance, Denver, CO
- Preparing payroll
- Financial statements
- Tx documents
- Project Budgeting
- Transaction Processing
- Account Reconciliation
- Records Retrieval
- A/P and A/R
SOS Village, Denver, CO
Jan 2021 – Nov 2021
- Assisted the accounting manager in organizing data of children in the camp.
- Entered data of incoming children.
- Collected incoming funds, made a record of the same, and deposited the amount in the bank account daily.
- Assisted in office management tasks, file cataloging, budget management, photocopying, and faxing as and when needed.
- Microsoft: Excel, Word, Outlook
- Internet, search, and email
- Social media